By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should FF rest in peace.

blaydcor said:
chris1_16 said:

um, no. Just like GTA, FF should live on!!!!! but classics like mario and zelda really do need to end

Ha, what was the last Mario or Zelda you played?

Mario Kart wii and Ocarina of Time (now that I like RPGs', I gave OoT a shot) lol

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network

final fantasy games are unrelated. So you might aswel say should jrpgs end ? i say no :p

Check out my game about moles ^

chris1_16 said:
blaydcor said:
chris1_16 said:

um, no. Just like GTA, FF should live on!!!!! but classics like mario and zelda really do need to end

Ha, what was the last Mario or Zelda you played?

Mario Kart wii and Ocarina of Time (now that I like RPGs', I gave OoT a shot) lol

Mario Kart isn't a Mario game as such, its a spinoff series =P

NO, best rpg series of all time.

Pristine20 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I've been pretty pissed with FF lately, but no. There's always a chance for improvement.

No real reason to end the series because there are "too many" games or anything like that either, since each game is it's own story.

^This. Mario uses the same cliche and story over and over again...I don't hear any complaints.

Lol. Never ceases to amaze me how much Mario is hated... and for such trivial reasons to.

On the case of FF. I really dont care whether it ends or not. Doesn't make much sense to end it so abruptly since its so popular. Though i do see a lot of hatred for FFX and onwards... are they really that bad?

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
IxisNaugus said:

Pristine20 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I've been pretty pissed with FF lately, but no. There's always a chance for improvement.

No real reason to end the series because there are "too many" games or anything like that either, since each game is it's own story.

^This. Mario uses the same cliche and story over and over again...I don't hear any complaints.

Lol. Never ceases to amaze me how much Mario is hated... and for such trivial reasons to.

On the case of FF. I really dont care whether it ends or not. Doesn't make much sense to end it so abruptly since its so popular. Though i do see a lot of hatred for FFX and onwards... are they really that bad?

Nah. I'm not far enough into FFX to pass judgment, but FFXII is really good, even compared to earlier games in the series. It's good stuff.

DaveD said:
Xeta said:

The Final Fantasy franchise should havce ended before it ever began.

If you know what I mean.

Funny story on that. Final Fantasy 1 was originally gonna be the company's last game because they were doing so bad, but the game saved the company. Too tired to remember exactly, going to bed now....

Well, that was the joke. It was ironic that there would be a discussion on whether Final Fantasy should ever end when the name "Final Fantasy" was meant to mark an end in the first place.

I tend to not care for these topics anyways, since I believe a franchise will end when it is meant to, which is when it no longer holds sufficient demand to sustain itself. I say that as long as something makes people happy, it should continue to exist.

On the other hand, how a franchise can or should change is a completely separate issue, and one that could actually generate constructive discussion instead of the disappointment and indignation I see here.

if final fantasy would end i kill myself :p

Death is nothing to fear

All death means is a new destination

Nah, Japan loves FF

No way.

My daughter is my world.