By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - You've got 10 seconds to save your family

10 seconds before "they" decide to kill them. Your only option is to jump out a window and kill yourself to save your family. Keep in mind the window is on the 90th floor. Would you do it?

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

No.

Let's analyze:

They're bluffing They will kill the family
I jump I die, family lives I die, family dies
I don't jump I live, family lives I live, family dies

If they're going to kill my family then it doesn't matter whether or not I jump.  If they're bluffing on the death threat then I live as long as I don't jump.

Best Outcome
Worst Outcome

if it meant that they'd definitely live, yeah. death doesn't scare me, losing people scares me.

My daughter is my world.

xtastemyvenom said:

if it meant that they'd definitely live, yeah. death doesn't scare me, losing people scares me.

yeh pretty much that

well i live in the middle of nowhere, and the tallest building is 3 stories. and yes i would.

Around the Network

Depends.... does the building have 89 below-ground levels, for one?

i have no idea, i just hope i never face such a dilema

xtastemyvenom said:

even if you jump there's a high possibility they will still kill your familiy...if you jump at them, well there might be a chance of stopping them :P

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

Words Of Wisdom said:

No.

Let's analyze:

They're bluffing They will kill the family
I jump I die, family lives I die, family dies
I don't jump I live, family lives I live, family dies

If they're going to kill my family then it doesn't matter whether or not I jump.  If they're bluffing on the death threat then I live as long as I don't jump.

Best Outcome
Worst Outcome

Dominant strategy for the win! Great useage of game theroy/prisoners dillemma right there.