By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you say 21$ is overpaying for Tales of Symphonia?

Riot Of The Blood said:
g-value said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
g-value said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Khuutra said:
Why did you run around with a Kratos avatar for so long if you hadn't played this game?

Because he's one of my favorite characters. He's awesome in Vesperia.

How is a character you know nothing about be one of your favorite characters.

Cool design, Super Lightning Blade, all those Demon Fang attacks, Shining Bind and a voice more manly than even Alexei's.

And I like the way he was portrayed in Vesperia, too.

You might end up liking ToS then.

Err, isn't it the same thing as Vesperia?

To me, Tales of Vesperia is worlds apart better then Symphonia but it might be different for you. Almost all the sword users in ToS has Lightning blade and Demon Fang.

Around the Network

I work at a store that has used games, and we sell it for 15, but its new for 30 afaik, so your not getting ripped off at all. plus its an awesome game.

g-value said:

To me, Tales of Vesperia is worlds apart better then Symphonia but it might be different for you. Almost all the sword users in ToS has Lightning blade and Demon Fang.

I'm mostly worried about the length, replay value, and gameplay being up there with Vesperia's. I don't care anything about the story at all. Those are the areas I'm wondering if it's on Vesperia's level or not. Story or cast I am not worried about.

@SPD: Nice. My store sales it for 50$ used, so I guess I'm not getting ripped off then. I still would have liked it cheaper though. XD

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
g-value said:

I'm mostly worried about the length, replay value, and gameplay being up there with Vesperia's. I don't care anything about the story at all. Those are the areas I'm wondering if it's on Vesperia's level or not. Story or cast I am not worried about.

@SPD: Nice. My store sales it for 50$ used, so I guess I'm not getting ripped off then. I still would have liked it cheaper though. XD

Symphonia is longer and there should be alot of replayability with the affection system but ToV has better gameplay.

well, you won't get to use Kratos a lot but Zelos is pretty much the same character if you only count in fights, and I used Zelos a lot even though he's a big penis because he was really good. Lloyd, Zelos, Raine, and Genis in a group = the biggest bombardments you can have with spells flying everywhere while Lloyd jumps all over the place lawl.....

Around the Network

Replay is crazy, I play it on and off still after 6 years. VERY long storyline. The only downside is the voice acting, and collete ;_;.

I recommend you NOT to buy Tales for the GC!

Why?! It hasn't aged well! At all.

Recently played it again. And I can savely say it bored the shit out of me! Especially when compared to the stuff coming out on the HD consoles. But if you like old-school with semi realtime battles and long talks and a shitty overworld I say: but it!

THE NETHERLANDS

Frozenfuryblade said:
Replay is crazy, I play it on and off still after 6 years. VERY long storyline. The only downside is the voice acting, and collete ;_;.

Collete is the worst character ever, well, for fights, she doesn't know what she wants to be, she's closer to a thief type character than an angel and her angel nukes suck so hard that I wanted to strangle her.

Underpayment. I bought mine for $25, $35 if you consider international shipping.

Great game that I'd galdly pay full price for.

not rlly. In my opinion JRPGS that cost $20 are worth the buy. I managed to score a copy of ToS for $10 back when it was on clearance :P