By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Games have scared you but you just dont know why?

Zelda: Majora's Mask...I think I have mental scarring from that game...why? because of this guy:

the terror...

Around the Network

People, people, please.
The Title says "...but you don't know why"

I came in looking for how this could possibly make any sense, and it's just a buncha nerds saying holy crap Doom 3 is so ska-weee. AAIIEEEEEE!

AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin (Intellivision): turning around a corner and suddenly fronting a wraith scared the crap out of me.

PC games:
Thief games (particularly the haunted cathedral and the catacombs and "Escape!"in Thief I and some missions in Thief II, I still have to finish T III, but the Abysmal Gale ship was moderately scary)
Hexen I: lots of scary levels
Heretic II: the first town
Ecstatica II (some locations)
Gothic (some locations)

Edit: if I must limit myself to "I don't know why", then, some strange atmospheres in Ecstatica II, Hexen I, Heretic II and Thief I,II,III

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ocarina of Time. Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple freaked me out. :p

Seriously, this guy? :o

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Gilgamesh said:

Shadow of the Colossus, at first when I saw the first boss, I was terrified to approach him. So I shot arrows at him for about 5 minutes until I realized it was doing nothing.

THIS!!!, most of the human like colossus scared the crap out me

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Ocarina of Time. Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple freaked me out. :p

LOL THIS!!! TOO

Those leaf faced kids in TLoZ: Wind Waker......I think they were called Karoks. Freaky!!

^ Koroks, actually. :p And what? They were cute as hell!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Most recently would be the Maw.

The game's colorful and rounded, the gameplay is easy and very forgiving, the story is simple. It's has all the earmarks of a nice sweet kid-friendly game, but late into it I realized the Maw consistently got bigger with each stage and was starting to get freaked out by the fact I'm nurturing a monster into maturity. I kept wondering if the people who made the game designed it like that intentionally. The ending just kind of freaked me out when it seems like that's may of what the developers were going for.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

[...]

Edit: if I must limit myself to "I don't know why", then, some strange atmospheres in Ecstatica II, Hexen I, Heretic II and Thief I,II,III

And also the atmosphere in the lost pueblo near San Andreas fault in Duke Nukem 3D was quite scary.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!