By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worms: A Space Oddity for the Wii sticking to 2D.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=24414

This C3 interview with Team 17 was conducted before Worms: A Space Oddity was announced. Still though, the answers to these questions seem to bode well for the Wii version being 2d.

C3: Have the team had chance to play around with a Wii development kit yet? And have you any ideas for bringing Worms to Nintendo’s new system?

T17: Now that would be telling! *smiles* Seriously though, we look at every new console as an opportunity to deliver more Worms fun to gamers. Wii is an exciting platform, so we’d be crazy not to consider it [ Since this interview took place, Worms: A Space Oddity has indeed been confirmed for Wii ]

C3: If you were to consider bringing Worms to Wii, would you stick to a high-resolution 2D style or go back down the 3D route?

T17: People seem to love 2D Worms and as our most recent forays into 3D haven’t been quite as successful as we’d hoped, we’re sticking to 2D for the time being.

I am mildly enthused.

Around the Network

I am very enthused. I'm going to look for my copy of Armageddon to celebrate.

I actually picked up the DS version today. Very good reviews.
I have never played the Worm series.
Maybe I will jump to enthused.

ahh, Worms, the memories... this sounds pretty cool.

considering worms 3-D is awful, i think this is a good thing.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

They even said that the 3D ones were not "quite as successful as they had hoped" (i.e. they sucked).

DS version is pretty good.

DonWii is now enthused.

Supposedly Space Oddity is going to be a change from the old art style of Worms. Is this a good thing? Although Space Oddity will probably be fun, I feel like something really close to Armageddon or World Party, even a simple, low-priced port, would do reallly well on the Wii with both the old fans and the new, broader audience of Wii owners.

I don't know about the rest of you but the thought of having a classic Worms game conveniently accessible from a living room Wii setup is amazing. Anyone who's played those games know how addictive yet replayable those games are. It could even be sold like a VC title if it's considered risky to sell.

But then again, something like this could hurt the sales of Space Oddity.

oh yeah I loved the pc version of worms 2. I hope they build it more like that. I will definitely get this game IF it reviews good.

Make it online and let us aim with the remote and I'll be in a worm-infested heaven...