By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft and E3...

So to recap, the following are potential news for E3:

- More Mass Effect information
- Probably Halo OSDT news
- The XBL update will probably get some love...I think we can expect to see a major new feature added to the service.
- Blizzard and M$ talking?!?
- Rare's new games
- Alan Wake news
- Splinter Cell news
- Forza for the racing game fans...

I think M$ is going to go-for-broke this E3 and really push to top last year, which would be a mighty incredible feat!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Possible E3 09' surprise announcements by MS
Rare announces: Pefect Dark for XBox Live Arcade, Perfect Dark 2, Jade Empire 2, Killer Instinct 3, Kameo 2 and other games.
Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 2 video trailers. New exclusive IPs for X360 from Bungie or another developer.
Anyone who believes MS has nothing for us, you are kidding yourself. MS have billions of dollars in cash they can inject into their game division to buy exclusives, DLC and finance new IPs.

For all you know Crysis could be a "console" exclusive game for XBox 360. Yes it is already on PC but if it does not go to PS3. It will be X360 "console" exclusive game. I am pretty certain neither X360 or PS3 could handle Crysis above medium PC settings but if its playable on console on medium settings it is worth porting it to console for extra $$$.

The announcement of Crytek engine could mean Crysis may appear on X360 and PS3 in the near future. Maybe a better game than Crysis using Crytek engine is on the way.

numonex said:
Possible E3 09' surprise announcements by MS
Rare announces: Pefect Dark for XBox Live Arcade, Perfect Dark 2, Jade Empire 2, Killer Instinct 3, Kameo 2 and other games.
Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 2 video trailers. New exclusive IPs for X360 from Bungie or another developer.
Anyone who believes MS has nothing for us, you are kidding yourself. MS have billions of dollars in cash they can inject into their game division to buy exclusives, DLC and finance new IPs.

For all you know Crysis could be a "console" exclusive game for XBox 360. Yes it is already on PC but if it does not go to PS3. It will be X360 "console" exclusive game. I am pretty certain neither X360 or PS3 could handle Crysis above medium PC settings but if its playable on console on medium settings it is worth porting it to console for extra $$$.

The announcement of Crytek engine could mean Crysis may appear on X360 and PS3 in the near future. Maybe a better game than Crysis using Crytek engine is on the way.

Oh no...please don't let us start the cell argument, it will swamp the thread...really...

WRT to Jade Empire...was that M$ IP?  I know some are going to roll their eyes, but I'm REALLY hoping to hear something about Too Human 2...The game had alot of potential, and with better QA and polishing, the next chapter would be an awesome title to launch in spring 2010!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Jet force Gemini 2 from Rare. Jade Empre 2 should be Microsoft. Fable 3 could be announced by Lionhead developer Peter Molyneux as being due out in 2010.

Maybe Bungie announces Halo 4 due to be released in 2010. A main Halo game is launched every 3 years and follows the trend Halo:CE (2001), Halo 22004), Halo 3(2007), Halo 4 (2010)?

Halo 3:ODST is DLC but should add  more to Halo 3. Halo Wars well it is not a FPS and I do consider it to be in the same class as the Halo trilogy games.

MS has the end of the year covered in terms of FPS games, as they have the two biggest FPS releases this year.

They will most likely announce some new casual type game, probably from Rare.

New Live features. Maybe a Primetime release date. Zune Marketplace integration.

Lionhead game for 2010.

Killer Instinct 3

Maybe a new Bungie IP.

Forza 3

Blizzard alliance announcement.

Crackdown 1.5 has me excited.

Halo Wars DLC.

Around the Network

I think MS is going to have a huge E3 this year, they seem to want to save it all for then. Will it be as big as last year, i dont know, but I beleive it will be HUGE. But I do think Sony and Nintendo will also have a big E3 conferences. I think this year could turn out to be the best E3 yet.

Maybe Goldeneye 007 is going to be released on XBLA. That would be awesome. Not going to happen of course, but awesome nevertheless.

Last year they combine to produce a perfect marketing storm for the Xmas shopping period. Maybe they are hoping to pull a similar feat for a second year.

Assuming MS have products ready to ship shortly after E3 and have enough to populate the pipe ending in a Xmas finale they may pull it off. Certainly the perception is that Microsoft do not like to give to much away for following years whilst Sony prefer to build up the momentum over many months.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I just remembered M$ talking about giving gamers more of a glimpse into what projets were being worked on...so with that im mind, and the outside E3 from last year, they will want to continue the trend. Not much was discussed or even mentioned at GDC, but we know they have several big projects on tap, so it's going to be nice to see some screenshots and trailers.