By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What has gotten into Square Enix?

forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:

so you are telling me you play every game in existance before you know whether you like it or not? You must be filthy rich!

I'm saying that I don't pass judgment on games I haven't played. I don't know the first thing about Crisis Core and I can't comment on its quality because I haven't played it. Trying to formulate an opinion on it would be disingenuine, dishonest, and frankly harmful both to my reputation and to my self-image.

sooooooooo you are saying their is doubt in your mind that 50 cent BOTS is an epically terrible game?

For all I know, it's a sleeper hit of the year.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/50centbloodonthesand?q=50%20Cent

Metacritic says it's average to good, not "epically terrible". I don't trust them either, of course.

I would have to play it myself.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:

so you are telling me you play every game in existance before you know whether you like it or not? You must be filthy rich!

I'm saying that I don't pass judgment on games I haven't played. I don't know the first thing about Crisis Core and I can't comment on its quality because I haven't played it. Trying to formulate an opinion on it would be disingenuine, dishonest, and frankly harmful both to my reputation and to my self-image.

sooooooooo you are saying their is doubt in your mind that 50 cent BOTS is an epically terrible game?

Metacritic says it's average to good, not "epically terrible". I don't trust them either, of course.

I call BS!

If all games are on equal footing with you, then how the hell do you decide what your next purchase will be?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:

I call BS!

If all games are on equal footing with you, then how the hell do you decide what your next purchase will be?

Concepts I find interesting, or building off of ideas I already know I like. If I just stuck to my narrow band of present experience and didn't try out new things, why, I'd barely get to have new experiences at all.

T.C is damage controlling of the situation now,And i love how ppl in this thread are like"Buh-Bh MS bribed my square-Enix" so what if they did?

How is that affecting Us 360 owners who are enjoying these games from square Enix again? I bet If this was in favor of the PS3 You guys would be shoving this games on our faces right now... Seeing as MS are willing to throw dollar bills at them all for my Enjoyment,MS keep throwing your money at Square-Enix,Bring FFVSXIII to the 360.

Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:

I call BS!

Concepts I find interesting, or building off of ideas I already know I like. If I just stuck to my narrow band of present experience and didn't try out new things, why, I'd barely get to have new experiences at all.

so there IS indeed criteria.

So what do you call games that do not interest you? Sounds like you research what games you are interested in like  every other Hardcore gamer. What about those games you deem not suitable to your tastes? Is it not because you do not like the premise of the game, in turn, do not like the game itself?

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:

I call BS!

So what do you call games that do not interest you? Sounds like you research what games you are interested in like  every other Hardcore gamer. What about those games you deem not suitable to your tastes? Is it not because you do not like the premise of the game, in turn, do not like the game itself?

Very, very, very few games are not suitable to my tastes, because I play games to experience them. My tastes and my preferences are wide and far-reaching and they grow every time I partake in a new experience.

But I don't have infinite money.

Almost all games interest me to some degree, some just interest me less than others.

And there is a difference between saying "I am not going to buy that" and "That game is garbage". Do not confuse the issue. I have never made a qualitative value judgment on a game I haven't played. In not playing it, I give up the right to do that.

NinjaOmega said:
T.C is damage controlling of the situation now,And i love how ppl in this thread are like"Buh-Bh MS bribed my square-Enix" so what if they did?

How is that affecting Us 360 owners who are enjoying these games from square Enix again? I bet If this was in favor of the PS3 You guys would be shoving this games on our faces right now... Seeing as MS are willing to throw dollar bills at them all for my Enjoyment,MS keep throwing your money at Square-Enix,Bring FFVSXIII to the 360.

Firstly, Who is TC 0_O?

Secondly, where in my OP did I say anything about MS bribes? I spoke of the decline of quality and ethic towards pleasing their fanbase. That was not the direction of this thread till the XBOTS started flooding and took it there so they can have a ground to stand on.

Third, It is more then just PS3 fans who are unpleased with SE's actions. Sift through the pages of this thread. Many 360 owners are also just as displeased. If you trully like what everyone deems garbage being thrown at gamers by SE then more power to you. THe rest of us expect more from our games.

Greatness Awaits

Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:

I call BS!

Very, very, very few games are not suitable to my tastes, because I play games to experience them. My tastes and my preferences are wide and far-reaching and they grow every time I partake in a new experience.

Almost all games interest me to some degree, some just interest me less than others.

And there is a difference between saying "I am not going to buy that" and "That game is garbage". Do not confuse the issue. I have never made a qualitative value judgment on a game I haven't played. In not playing it, I give up the right to do that.

Tomato Tomaato

there are games everyone simply will not pick up because they do not deem them worthy of buying/playing.

What you call "low interest" I call unappealing, both reaching the same effect. They both equal us not purchasing a particular game because of it. If this is true then the game is indeed "Not good enough"?

Whether you want to admit it or not. Everytime you pass up one game for another, you passed judgement upon it. Just because you dont want to use the same harsh words that I do (garbage,shovelware) doesn't mean that it doesn't cross your mind when finding a suitable game.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:

Tomato Tomaato

there are games everyone simply will not pick up because they do not deem them worthy of buying/playing.

What you call "low interest" I call unappealing, both reaching the same effect. They both equal us not purchasing a particular game because of it. If this is true then the game is indeed "Not good enough"?

Whether you want to admit it or not. Everytime you pass up one game for another, you passed judgement upon it. Just because you dont want to use the same harsh words that I do (garbage,shovelware) doesn't mean that it doesn't cross your mind when finding a suitable game.

Not low interest, less interest. I bought a DS instead of a PSP because the DS held a higher interest level for me at the time, but that's not a qualitative statement about the PSP.

It's not that the game is not good enough - it's simply that other games present themselves as being of greater interest. My default position is that if I had infinite time and infinite money I would probably play every single game that's ever been produced, because I feel I would be enriched by the experience.

And no, you're still wrong. I have never passed judgment on a game I haven't played. Doing so would be foolish, and you are partaking in foolish behavior when you say a game is crap when you haven't had the opportunity to play it. That's all there is.

Khuutra said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Khuutra said:

Tomato Tomaato

Not low interest, less interest. I bought a DS instead of a PSP because the DS held a higher interest level for me at the time, but that's not a qualitative statement about the PSP.

It's not that the game is not good enough - it's simply that other games present themselves as being of greater interest. My default position is that if I had infinite time and infinite money I would probably play every single game that's ever been produced, because I feel I would be enriched by the experience.

And no, you're still wrong. I have never passed judgment on a game I haven't played. Doing so would be foolish, and you are partaking in foolish behavior when you say a game is crap when you haven't had the opportunity to play it. That's all there is.

So what games DONT you like? ones that you HAVE played?

Take that game and look at it. Think about what you hate most about it.

Ok, now pretend the company that made THAT game made a complete remake of it.

It is ludicrous for you to insinuate that you "think" this game can be good (to you) after you find out it is a exact duplicate of a game you despise.

You would have to have althiemers to forget of the horrible memories that game gave you, and want to REpurchase it.

Greatness Awaits