By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda announced!

^disable rumble and it works fine.

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
I just hope theirs no repeating dungeon like the Temple Of The Ocean King

Really that's all I ask out of this game...

RolStoppable said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
This doesn't sound too good for me actually... First of all, it's fine that there is a new Zelda on the DS, but there are so many Nintendo franchises that haven't hit the DS yet that I'd actually prefer one of those first... F-Zero comes to mind first, but there are other too.

Secondly, and more important, it sounds like "easy-access" Zelda to me. I was already slightly disappointed with Phantom Hourglass, and this seems to go into the same direction. Taking away some "epicness" and making the game more pick up and play. Of course there's little to no info yet, but it seems that they are reducing the overworld which was already tiny in PH compared to the predecessors even more with this train feature. I guess the dungeons will still be a lot of fun, but the franchise seems to be turning into a mission-based dungeon crawler instead of an epic adventure.

I am not really happy with Nintendo currently.

No F-Zero for the DS, it wouldn't do the series justice. While the 3D graphics would be sufficient, the controls probably wouldn't be. A d-pad isn't good enough for a 3D F-Zero and using the touch screen to steer would make the rest of the controls awkward, because you need a whole lot of buttons. A 2D F-Zero won't happen after Nintendo ran the franchise sort of into the ground by releasing three titles for the GBA (Maximum Velocity, GP Legend and Climax, the latter one was never released outside of Japan).

As for Zelda, what made PH disappointing was the return to the same dungeon several times and having to run through it again without enough shortcuts. I didn't miss something like Hyrule Field because that's usually a lot of space with barely anything in it (at least in the 3D games).

You are probably right about the F-Zero controls, the game really needs a joystick in 3D. But I don't really see why they couldn't release another 2D F-Zero despite having overused the franchise in Japan during the GBA era.
However, my point still stands since they have released mainly sequels to Mario and Zelda franchises on the DS lately while others are still missing. Metroid is another example.

I don't think that the Ocean King's dungeon was the main problem with Phantom Hourglass. I didn't like that too much either, but I could have lived with it if there hadn't been other problems. It isn't the hyrule field that I missed, it's the tasks you had to do in order to get into the dungeon. They were much deeper in other games, in TP you spent much more time outside the dungeons than inside, especially in the earlier parts of the game. This was also the case for Wind Waker, so my problem really isn't the ocean, but the whole "adventure" feeling that seems to get cut down nowadays.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)