By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii games to be announced 4pm GMT

I heard the IGN Nintendo team say something like the first 5 mins is video/pics allowed, the rest it isn't.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:

What time Eastern US time?

Noon.

yep, theres tons of blogging going on tho. gonintendo, 1up, etc.

90 Min

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I like Bacon said:
^Why would you sell it in the first place? The Wii is too awesome to sell.

Me and my mate play a lot of co op games online cause never have much time these days.  So xbox been getting a lot of play.  I just havent been compelled much to switch on the Wii lately.

Saints Row 2, Hawx(Tom Clancy in general been pretty good coop), Gears of War, Street Fighter 4, 3on3 arcade, Army of Two etc, might not set the world on fire but you can play through the story while talking crap and are fun.  Saints Row 2 stands out, fantastic game for such laughs.

Games I have enjoyed on wii so far - Super mario galaxy, endless ocean, zelda, resident evil.  Games like Okami that really want to try are just too long and hate starting a game and not finishing it.

Hm... Jostiq, 1up, or GoNintendo? Who's going where?

Around the Network

From a German site ---

Nintendo - Sets new titles on the front of GDC
More info from 18:15 to GamePro.de 25.03.2009, 13:24
(max. 2 hours ago)

At a Nintendo press conference at the Games Developers Conference in San Francisco wants Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata today at 18:15 a new game imagine. GamePro is since yesterday in San Francisco on the spot and was already with several developers about Nintendo's new project to speak.

Unfortunately, the info still an embargo - that is before 18:15, we should no facts about the new Nintendo-published game. But if you punctually at 18:15 at GamePro.de vorbeisurft, you can find here a detailed preview for the game, the first pictures and an interview with the responsible producer.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Demoki said:
I like Bacon said:

Me and my mate play a lot of co op games online cause never have much time these days.  So xbox been getting a lot of play.  I just havent been compelled much to switch on the Wii lately.

Saints Row 2, Hawx(Tom Clancy in general been pretty good coop), Gears of War, Street Fighter 4, 3on3 arcade, Army of Two etc, might not set the world on fire but you can play through the story while talking crap and are fun.  Saints Row 2 stands out, fantastic game for such laughs.

Games I have enjoyed on wii so far - Super mario galaxy, endless ocean, zelda, resident evil.  Games like Okami that really want to try are just too long and hate starting a game and not finishing it.

So basically you're saying that 360 has plenty of casual games for you while the Wii has mostly hardcore games.

Thats a industry first ladies and gentlemens. People are starting to sell their Wii because the console is getting only hardcore games.

1 Hour

HYPE

FaithRaven said:
Demoki said:
I like Bacon said:

So basically you're saying that 360 has plenty of casual games for you while the Wii has mostly hardcore games.

Thats a industry first ladies and gentlemens. People are starting to sell their Wii because the console is getting only hardcore games.

lol nope, i am saying online gaming is more convient and good for laughs for me at this moment in time.

It takes something more unique from Wii to grab my attention.  I started this thread so want nintendo to announce good games so not sure why attacking my view.

DS - The World ends with you, Flower Sun and Rain, Bangai O Spirts etc - unique single player games that my DS gives me fun outta.

Anyway thats not clearly explained and dont know why trying to when you are trying to cause trouble

cant wait