By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Motion control comming to the 360 this Fall

@Nightsurge: The Xbox family, yes, that was what i was saying.
Their Xbox division turned yearly/quarterly profit, but this doesn't mean that 360 would have made any of that profit. But, arguing about it is pretty pointless considering the subject. M$ is on track to break even or make profit with 360 when this gen ends, but not recovering the costs of their overall venture.

Problem with the peripheral for not having widespread use is, that then it has even worse potential to sell even to the "target" group.

Btw, even if the peripheral would be used in all the games, it wouldn't change the fact, that all the games would be designed primarily for the standard controller, so in the sense it wouldn't affect you, who don't like it.

@atma998: Both of the controllers seem to be designed from completely different standpoints, so it's hard to say is one better than the other. I believe it largely depends how they are used. Then again, i'm familiar with Wii Remote, while i don't know much about this peripheral and what it's capable of.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
@Bardicverse: In2Games released motion controller to PS2 for christmas 2007. This has better chance to succeed, since it's released earlier in the consoles life.

Theyre not the only ones tho. Others have put out various attempts and failed right from the start. The problem is that most motion controls are forced to use some sort of IR, as motion controls using Bluetooth are patented by Nintendo. IR controls will lag, which is why Nintendo didnt use IR for the Wii

Ugh....

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

bdbdbd said:
Their Xbox division turned yearly/quarterly profit, but this doesn't mean that 360 would have made any of that profit. But, arguing about it is pretty pointless considering the subject. M$ is on track to break even or make profit with 360 when this gen ends, but not recovering the costs of their overall venture.

Problem with the peripheral for not having widespread use is, that then it has even worse potential to sell even to the "target" group.

Btw, even if the peripheral would be used in all the games, it wouldn't change the fact, that all the games would be designed primarily for the standard controller, so in the sense it wouldn't affect you, who don't like it.

@atma998: Both of the controllers seem to be designed from completely different standpoints, so it's hard to say is one better than the other. I believe it largely depends how they are used. Then again, i'm familiar with Wii Remote, while i don't know much about this peripheral and what it's capable of.

Well apparently nightsurge is privy to all this information and knows that it is "leaps and bounds better than the Wiimote" so we should just take Mr. Cloud 9's word for it.  The Wiimote with Motion+ can only "make them about tie if (if?) Nintendo ever releases it".  The 'casuals' are going to be all over this as well and it'll provide strong competition.  Glad he decided to end the conversation and stop sounding like a blinded fanboy.     

@Cheebee: As I said in the previous page, motion controls are cool now and they can't wait to get their hands on it.  Oh but the ones on the Wii suck.  Especially the 1:1 pointer.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

bardicverse said:
bdbdbd said:
@Bardicverse: In2Games released motion controller to PS2 for christmas 2007. This has better chance to succeed, since it's released earlier in the consoles life.

Theyre not the only ones tho. Others have put out various attempts and failed right from the start. The problem is that most motion controls are forced to use some sort of IR, as motion controls using Bluetooth are patented by Nintendo. IR controls will lag, which is why Nintendo didnt use IR for the Wii

Yeah, i always thought Nintendo patented everything together so a remote could not have the infrared pointer plus movement sensors plus blue tooth.

Damn the foresight of that company, they totally f--kn owned Sony and MS.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
bdbdbd said:

Well apparently nightsurge is privy to all this information and knows that it is "leaps and bounds better than the Wiimote" so we should just take Mr. Cloud 9's word for it.  The Wiimote with Motion+ can only "make them about tie if (if?) Nintendo ever releases it".  The 'casuals' are going to be all over this as well and it'll provide strong competition.  Glad he decided to end the conversation and stop sounding like a blinded fanboy.     

@Cheebee: As I said in the previous page, motion controls are cool now and they can't wait to get their hands on it.  Oh but the ones on the Wii suck.  Especially the 1:1 pointer.  

The Wii remote is not currently 1:1 motion sensing.  And seriously if you aren't going to add anything and are only on here to incite flame battles, you can quietly leave.  No one will miss you.

Did I say sensing or pointer? You know, that thing we've been arguing about the whole time?

The last part was rich coming from a deluded fanboy whose posts are driven by the hope that his console of choice starts outselling the Wii with this new controller. Good luck with that dream.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

The squeeballs game looks fun. As long as it is fun and packed in then I'd get it. Heck I bought the Wii and basically only played with Wii Sports. If people buy Wii Fit by the bucket load (a peripheral) and Guitar Hero/Rockband games (with peripherals) then they will buy this IF the packed in game is good. In fact sell the game and the controller comes FREE. If it is any better than the crappy Wii Play game then it will sell and if it sell boat loads then other developers will have a chance to port Wii games to another platform for cheap.

This argument still going?

We don't know anything yet, but the 360 remote is going to be crap clearly.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Seece

what!

that game looks horrible!

To be fair, Wii sports looked like it'd be crappy, and then you play it and it's awesome. With well implemented motion controls, the fun factor is hard to gauge without playing it yourself.