By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Box Set & Collectors Editions on Wii

Why aren't any Wii games offered with a box set or collectors edition package?

Madden 09 had the aniversary package on 360 and PS3 while Wii got shafted with the ugliest Madden cover ever, RE:5 is coming with a collectors edition package while none of the RE games on Wiihave one.  Virtually half of the big games on the HD platforms come with a special edition package, so why doesn't Wii get that?

Even Nintendo fails to do this, games like Brawl and Galaxy should of been offered with this in my opinion.

Around the Network

I'd like to see a Metroid Prime collection on Wii once the New Play Control editions are released - bundled together for a reasonably attractive price (£49.99?) it might help the series reach the wider audience it deserves to.

...I like this honestly, it means I do not have to spend an extra 10-20$for the full game...

Haggy said:
...I like this honestly, it means I do not have to spend an extra 10-20$for the full game...

Have you no control over your impulses?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

We (Wii?) got the best one possible!

Around the Network

You'd think Nintendo might try to get bit more cash (not that they need it). They could probably add a tin box, making of disc and small figure for $1..and charge $10-$20 extra.

I did see a collectors edition of Ghostbusters Wii listed at Amazon UK.

HoTD:Overkill offered that but the main reason (excluding Nintendo) is that there's little upfront demand for games on Wii. They generally sell on legs. Collector's editions generally sell upfront and are for a limited time or quickly discontinued.

I wants my Zelda Wii with a Golden Disc!

Gamerace said:
HoTD:Overkill offered that but the main reason (excluding Nintendo) is that there's little upfront demand for games on Wii. They generally sell on legs. Collector's editions generally sell upfront and are for a limited time or quickly discontinued.

There might be more upfront demand if there were collectors editions, creates more hype.