By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New XBOX 360 SDK and XNA Studio 3.1 - GDC 2009

wow it looks cool. i want it for the looks, a lot better than the white sitting next to my ps3. might have to upgrade my 360...again. any idea on the pricing?

Around the Network

@selnor - Can you recommend a good community game? I can't really seem to find anything that looks good. Are all of these games $5 or are some of them free?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

markers said:
wow it looks cool. i want it for the looks, a lot better than the white sitting next to my ps3. might have to upgrade my 360...again. any idea on the pricing?

Not available to the public AFAIK

dbot said:
@selnor - Can you recommend a good community game? I can't really seem to find anything that looks good. Are all of these games $5 or are some of them free?

Here use this site. It reviews all the community games. Most of the games they rate well are worth the money. Rather than me type a list or rate them go here. Hope this helps.

http://www.xnplay.co.uk/community-games-list

seece said:
markers said:

Not available to the public AFAIK

but that blue and black is pretty ;-;

Around the Network

thanks selnor.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
thanks selnor.

No probs. :)

I will just say definately try Nuke Your Neighbour. It's majorly addictive and is by far the best card game Ive ever played.

Anyone for UNO? As a Football fan in the UK would say "who are ya?, who are ya?, who are ya?"

nightsurge said:

Microsoft has announced a few new development tools at Game Developers Conference 2009. On the hardware side is the new SDK. Armed with 1GB of memory, this baby should allow developers to run numerous background tools without sacrificing a game's RAM. Plus, it looks cool. I want one...you know, so I can have it.

That's actually a HUGE deal and four years too late (though still welcome).  Devkits have to run all their debug stuff along with the game.  Since 360 dev kits only have 512 memory instead of the 1GB they should have had from the get go, they have to eat into their texture or other memory which makes things...not fun.