By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I have a problem (Final Fantasy 8 related)

emilie autumn said:
try beating a malboro then, they are so damn annoying

I'm expecting a challenge with those. In FF7, the first time I seen one, I forgot to heal my party, and before you know it, they had almost every status effect, they died minutes later.

Around the Network

Leveling in FFVIII is pretty stupid. And is even stupider, that leveling hasn´t much effect, because enemies are harder and harder. Heck, game is easier, when you dont level at all.

And on the top, game is really easy. One of my friend didn´t know how to junction any magic (he don´r read manuals, in game, or on paper) and still was able to finish the game. Pff.

Nanaki said:
Leveling in FFVIII is pretty stupid. And is even stupider, that leveling hasn´t much effect, because enemies are harder and harder. Heck, game is easier, when you dont level at all.

And on the top, game is really easy. One of my friend didn´t know how to junction any magic (he don´r read manuals, in game, or on paper) and still was able to finish the game. Pff.

For the most part, you can find strong magic to junction early on in the game. Quake and Demi are huge in the first Disc.

Euphoria14 said:
There is an island later in the game where each battle will gain you like 8 levels. You can easily get all your characters to level 100 in about an hour or so.

The island that does not show up on the world map (trying to avoid spoilers here)?

Ribbon = Malboro owned. They weren't really that hard in FFXII sadly.

SlumsofOhio said:
emilie autumn said:
try beating a malboro then, they are so damn annoying

I'm expecting a challenge with those. In FF7, the first time I seen one, I forgot to heal my party, and before you know it, they had almost every status effect, they died minutes later.

you'll need imunity to almost every status effect theres is and since there is no equipment in FFVIII there are no ribbons, they also have a really high speed stat making attacking first really hard, i've always thought of them as hardest that even the monster on the island closet to hell

Around the Network
perpride said:
Euphoria14 said:
There is an island later in the game where each battle will gain you like 8 levels. You can easily get all your characters to level 100 in about an hour or so.

The island that does not show up on the world map (trying to avoid spoilers here)?

Where is this island?

perpride said:
Euphoria14 said:

that island is the underground research lab, hes talking about the island closet to hell or maybe the island closest to heaven.

SlumsofOhio said:

For the most part, you can find strong magic to junction early on in the game. Quake and Demi are huge in the first Disc.

So...? I said, he didn´t know how to juction magic, not that he didn´t have any magic...

Nanaki said:
SlumsofOhio said:

So...? I said, he didn´t know how to juction magic, not that he didn´t have any magic...

I didn't disagree or anything, just adding on info.

SlumsofOhio said:
perpride said:
Euphoria14 said:

Where is this island?

on the southwestern border of the map, there you'll fight bahamut(so go prepared) and afterwards ultima weapon(REMEMBER TO DRAW EDEN FROM HIM)