By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why are xbox 360 sales low in japan?

Khuutra said:
That particular word being used for the Japanese carries racial connotations that are sixty to seventy years old.

That's not the big part of it, though. Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Really? Even as a joke that's so tasteless it's mind-numbing.

In his defense, he says he's african america, and have you seen some of Toriyama's drawings of African peoples?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

No he didn't.

Besides, he's from Australia.

And I think certain artistic racial tendencies in older manga are both well-documented and well-known. But this isn't a contest, and that does not make that sort of thing okay.

Anyway. I'm getting off-topic. My apologies: my issues with the OP are not the subject here.

I think a lot of what's stopping the 360 may be brand dragging it down, or perhaps the perceived quality of the hardware. I don't know! I'm not from Japan. I can't really give a good perspective on that.

Of course, even if I were from Japan, I probably couldn't give a good perspective on it.

BTFeather55 said:
Khuutra said:
That particular word being used for the Japanese carries racial connotations that are sixty to seventy years old.

That's not the big part of it, though. Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Really? Even as a joke that's so tasteless it's mind-numbing.

In his defense, he says he's african america, and have you seen some of Toriyama's drawings of African peoples?

when did i say im african american? do u need help reading , and no im not racist again any one

Simply because the 360 started off as having terrible hardware which did not help improve the Xbox name in Japan. On top of the terrible hardware it was known as being a shooter box but since the JRPG have released on the console it has sold well. Saying Japan hate American products and will always choose Japanese products is a silly thing to say, especially with how the iPod is doing.

Put the games Japanese people want on the 360 and people will purchase the console.......simples!

Edit - Hiroshima and Nagasaki? That is about as tasteless as it gets, really stupid stuff.

RPG makes a good point with the iPod. It makes me wonder if maybe the strength of the brand is more important - brand loyalty maybe being a bigger driving force in the consumer culture?

Around the Network
mentalcase said:
BTFeather55 said:
Khuutra said:

when did i say im african american? do u need help reading , and no im not racist again any one

Because of the poor grammar, this quote from your earlier post made it seem as if you were saying this is an African American made thread:

"u know what pisses me off all the fucken over sensitive people these days, u cant say this or that, its not a black board it afro-american board lighten the fuck up"

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Khuutra said:

Some people need to lighten. 

I dont get offended when people call me a Yankee.  Its when they shorten it down to 'Yank' that it becomes fighting words.

mztazmz said:
I have to agree, this is a very offensive post.

But anyways, the Japanese are much more concerned about product reliability than the U.S. and Europe(I wish the entire world felt this way). The RROD is pretty much unacceptable to Japanese standards.

The 360 actually has games that the Japanese like, 2 games from Mistwalker and 3 from Square and still, sales are pretty weak.

If that is the case how do you explain the NES/Famicom, PS1, and PS2 dominating the region.

Darc Requiem said:
mztazmz said:
I have to agree, this is a very offensive post.

But anyways, the Japanese are much more concerned about product reliability than the U.S. and Europe(I wish the entire world felt this way). The RROD is pretty much unacceptable to Japanese standards.

The 360 actually has games that the Japanese like, 2 games from Mistwalker and 3 from Square and still, sales are pretty weak.

If that is the case how do you explain the NES/Famicom, PS1, and PS2 dominating the region.

Actually NEC's PC Engine (Turbografx-16) beat the NES in Japan.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

racist OP deserves to be banned.

Initiating social expirement #928719281