By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some games do better on Some Consoles?

This is about some decisions that some developers have made this gen about publishing some games as exclusive on specific consoles. This has to do with games that should do well by there name alone but due to the console which they were released on they didn't sell as good as they could have. Example Madworld-Wii; Now this is a good game but because of the casual nature of the wii it didn't sell as good as it should. If it was released on either of the next two consoles it would have done much better. GTA:Chinatown wars,Star Ocean:Last Hope, LBP-PS3;LBP did great but if it was released on the wii it would have done exceptional. As for star ocean; Square how can you release on of the most well renowned JRPG and not release on the PS3, not incentive given to you is worth how much this game would have sold in japan alone if released on the PS3. All i'm saying is that some titles do better onsome systems and developers should think about expanding their game and the maximize capital for their games. Simply, PS3= JRPG, Wii=Casual Games,360=FPS and online extensions. This is not to say all JRPG's should be released on a Sony console i'm just saying due to the audience on a specific console X game might do better. Do you have any games which you think would have done better if it was released on another next gen console.

Around the Network

well if you look at the sales of jrpgs on the ps3 you willl see that they are no where close to the xbox 360.

all of them
lost odyssey=.91 mil
valkyrie chronicles=.32
infinite undiscovery=.43
disgaea 3=.21
eternal sonata(xbox)=.20
eternal sonata=.11

im not sure if they have all been released in all areas yet.
btw im not a fanboy

dsister44 said:
all of them
lost odyssey=.91 mil
valkyrie chronicles=.32
infinite undiscovery=.43
disgaea 3=.21
eternal sonata(xbox)=.20
eternal sonata=.11

btw im not a fanboy

Those aren't up to date numbers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

God Hand have sold millions of copies on PS2 didn't you know that ?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
celine said:
God Hand have sold millions of copies on PS2 didn't you know that ?

what does that have to do with this? but no i did not know that

outlawauron said:
dsister44 said:
all of them
lost odyssey=.91 mil
valkyrie chronicles=.32
infinite undiscovery=.43
disgaea 3=.21
eternal sonata(xbox)=.20
eternal sonata=.11

btw im not a fanboy

this is the most up to date information i could find on this site

and on topic what do you have too say about viva pinata on the xbox at 1.88 million?

dsister44 said:
outlawauron said:
dsister44 said:
all of them
lost odyssey=.91 mil
valkyrie chronicles=.32
infinite undiscovery=.43
disgaea 3=.21
eternal sonata(xbox)=.20
eternal sonata=.11

btw im not a fanboy

this is the most up to date information i could find on this site

and on topic what do you have too say about viva pinata on the xbox at 1.88 million?

That's no true as I just did a search and Lost Odyssey is at .79 million.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Star Ocean 4 on PS3 - Sure. The games b4 it were on SONY's platform and this worked for Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid, GT5p, Yakuza3 etc.

Mad World on HD Consoles - I see what you're saying, but I think Mad World could do quite well on Wii in the long run. But to early to call. If it can hit 500K, that's a success!!

LBP on Wii - Sure the casual audience is on Wii, but game's like Buzz Quiz show that such an audience still lives on SONY's Platform. I also think that the game just wouldn't work well on the Wii.

Friend Codes over a Friend's list???
Relies alot on user generated content... Not sure how that would work on Wiiware.
Visual style could be hurt greatly...
The game relies alot on Physics... Something the Cell is really good at but is the same true for the Broadway [that's actually the name of the processor in the Wii]???

LittleBigPlanet on the would seem like a completely different game IMO...

4 ≈ One

Madworld would not do better on any other (singular) console. It doesn't have mass appeal, in the same way Okami didn't for the PS2.

It would have likely had a better opening week (perhaps double or triple what Madworld will get, which when Europe sales show for this week will be around 80-100k), but lifetime sales will still have been very similar (I expect Madworld to do arounf 700-800k, with the slim chance it will scrape 1 million)

---

No More Heroes similarly wouldn't have done much differently (other than a bigger opening week but poorer legs) after all, similarly nichely styled games like Killer 7 did terribly on the PS2 and GameCube.

---

LBP I am not sure on... first of all it would have not done as well because Nintendo would not have jumped in to fund the game like Sony did, but things like that aside I still don't think it would have done any better on the Wii, perhaps a little more due to higher userbase, but not significantly.