By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Firmware 1.92: What did it do?

kber81 said:
  • The ability to add Flash wallpapers
  • Web browser improvements
  • Controllers auto-power off after inactivity
  • The XMB loads icons and video thumbnails much faster. Transitions between games and the XMB are all reportedly faster too.
  • Backwards compatibility updated for consoles lacking the Emotion Engine

source: ps3fanboy.com

thanks for the info kber81... it wasn't forcing me to update so i ignored it(thought it was just compatibility increase)... i REALLY need the controller auto-off, i was just thinking about that, i was gonna mention it over at playstation.blog....... they read my mind, ooooh, creepy =() @sieanr, i predominantly use my ps3 to browse, play games, play music, and watch videos, dvds, and BDs... anyone that says it's overpriced just doesn't know how to use a PS3. mine's on 24/7 usually, cause when i'm asleep it's folding ;)

Around the Network
KruzeS said:
sieanr said:
Uhh, the PS3 browser is Mozilla based, which is what Firefox is built off of.

Wrong. It's NetFront, go look it up. I haven't a clue where that idea ever came from.

i was under the impression it was stripped down FF as well, wher did you get netfront from? maybe i misread something.

vizunary said:
i was under the impression it was stripped down FF as well, wher did you get netfront from? maybe i misread something.

NetFront is the PSP's browser, that much is confirmed by ACCESS's press releases. The PS3's has pretty much the same interface, menus and virtual keyboard. It also has/had the same problems with sites like Gmail. Just because the user agent reports Mozilla, doesn't mean it is - Explorer says it's Mozilla after all.

Again, this was never officially confirmed, but it's common knowledge - it's all over the web (same as Wii specs are). I'm not going to point you to a single site just so you can discredit it. Look it up, find for yourself, believe what you want.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.