By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony insults Halo 3 on Wikipedia

http://www.n4g.com/gaming/News-65101.aspx

On the Halo series page at Wikipedia, an edit originated from Sony Computer Entertainment casts aspersions on Microsoft's Halo 3. In the Halo 3 section of the Halo page, Sony added "(Halo 3) wont look any better than Halo 2." (See the first and second story images attached below.) Since then, the Halo page has been corrected and locked from further vandalism.

The WikiScanner discovery is also reported on Wired's 'Threat Level'. (See Alternative Sources.) The report and IP address have been checked by Wired senior editor Kevin Poulsen, (i.e., see the third attached image for Poulsen's comments; "Sony insults Halo 3" is the second report after the Walmart report.)

Finally, the forth and last image was taken from a 'Whois' search at the RIPE.net database for "217.18.23.2", the IP address recorded by Wikipedia as having edited the Halo page. The query shows that 217.18.23.2 is registered to SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) Liverpool Studios in Great Britain. The result also shows the studio's physical address, phone number, and email address.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

That is quite funny.. actually.. no it isn't.. it is very immature of whoever did it

Retards.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I honestly don't know what to say to this. It is pathetic really.

Was it Kaz or Phil Harrison who did it?

Around the Network

I bet someone on this site is gonna defend it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Probably just a rogue employee. But, it is still a pretty stupid thing to do. It won't help PS3's cause. And it reflects badly on the Sony name. Finally, how stupid could an employee be to do it using a computer on the Sony network?

This person should get a Darwin award for stupidity. And if they are a developer they should be fired on the spot for idiotic incompetance. They should know better.

How is this worthy of a thread, some intern goes on the net at lunch and edits some random crap on wiki. You wii fanboys are just getting lazy now :P

LMAo, well its is true.

Shiet like this is reason why major corps will sooner or later block all access to the web from their employee. Thats gonna suck.

GranTurismo said:
How is this worthy of a thread, some intern goes on the net at lunch and edits some random crap on wiki. You wii fanboys are just getting lazy now :P

The point is that now, it's very hard to know what happened, and the action is associated with Sony in general. Maybe Sony will find the author of the edit or a scapegoat, and fire them. In the end, it will always harm Sony's reputation though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957