By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft's Multi-Platform Sales Trend Majorly Declining

I really sense a PlayStation 3 comeback, my friends are starting to get PS3's after having 360 for a while, I myself wanna pick one up by the end of the year. Its obvious Sony's console is just hitting its strides

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
Of course the trend would be downwards. The 360 started with 100% of the hd console market so it would have been pretty difficult for the 360 to maintain its initial lead percentage wise.

Unfortunately for the ps3 the 360 is up yoy whereas the ps3 is down. Not to mention that the 360 is doing increasingly well in places like europe. Whilst the ps3 isn't going anywhere the 360 is in an increasingly better position.

Yeah!! Since 360 is at 11m and PS3 at 10m in Europe, obviously the PS3 isnt going anywhere. Good call. I can see the massive leap that 360 does in Europe.. while the PS3 just crash and burns with the awfully low 10m sold.

Poggy-Green said:
I really sense a PlayStation 3 comeback, my friends are starting to get PS3's after having 360 for a while, I myself wanna pick one up by the end of the year. Its obvious Sony's console is just hitting its strides

Sales would indicate the opposite, 360 up YOY massively and PS3 down ... even with Killzone 2.

CGI-Quality said:
@ seece

What made you think that KZ2 was going to change that?

And they blame Playstation fans for hyping games to be "saviors". Ironic huh...

I never expected it to be a saviour, I did expect a bump though. Much bigger than what it got.

... don't go assuming just because you have a grudge.

CGI-Quality said:
@ seece

lol...have a grudge against what? You always think someone's out to get you...chillax dude...

lol no I don't ... I think most people are cool with me on this site, you're the only one I see whining about me on peoples walls ...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ seece

lol...this is juvenile....I'm going to stay on topic...try it O_o

Juvenile is certainly a word you could use ...

SpartanFX said:
one thing becomes apparent

there are not actually 28.5 million X360 owners ,,many of those consoles could be second buys of existing customers due to their console dying.

Where on earth did you get that from?

With a three year warranty it is completely unreasonable to assert that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:

there are not actually 28.5 million X360 owners ,,many of those consoles could be second buys of existing customers due to their console dying.

Didn't you know? All us Xbox 360 owners are stupid, we don't think to get our consoles repaired for free when they break, we buy RTS thinking that they are actually FPS because we can't read.

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:

Well just because of my personal situation,  I can say I know of friends who had their 'Disk Drive' malfunction (Which by the way is not covered) and it would cost upwards to around $150 to get it back.  Many of them have opted to purchase a new one instead.  My disk drive is also broken but I have yet to decide what I want to do with it.

seece said:
starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:

Didn't you know? All us Xbox 360 owners are stupid, we don't think to get our consoles repaired for free when they break, we buy RTS thinking that they are actually FPS because we can't read.

Oh I forgot.

I mean of course I did, I'm stupid.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS