By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming gems of yesterday

Starseige Universe, Planescape:Torment...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Beaten by one post, but Planescape: Torment is considered by many (including myself) to be the greatest RPG of all time. If you have a PC, go out and play it. Now. Seriously. What are you still reading this thread for? =P

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

rasone77 said:
NES:
Zoda's Revenge (Startropics' sequal)

Isn't it "Zora's Revenge"?

Was Bubble Bobble II as good as one?  I've never heard of it but loved bubble bobble.

fagarcia75 said:
I just thought of some great puzzle games for the NES

Adventures of Lolo I, II, and III

also Kickle Cubicle

Great puzzlers that will push your brain skills.

Wow... Kickle Cubicle. I forgot about that game. I played that for months. Great game. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

King's Quest (any of them)
Space Quest (any of them)
Quest for Glory (any of them)

Really any of the classic Sierra games.

Around the Network

Ah yes, I have Startropics on my NES. It is a fun game, can't beat it because the battery sucks and my game keeps getting erased. I loved how you kicked ass with the yoyo, and the music wasn't too bad either.

Commodore 64 rules!!!!

Ultima III
Ultima IV
M.U.L.E.
Bruce Lee
Karateka
Uhg-lympics
moon patrol
etc,etc,etc

javierdacosta said:
Commodore 64 rules!!!!

Ultima III
Ultima IV
M.U.L.E.
Bruce Lee
Karateka
Uhg-lympics
moon patrol
etc,etc,etc

I never got into ultima games, though from what I hear they are good.

I remember moon patrol, but played it on atarii.

Other atarii game worth mentioning ......Adventure; probably sucks by today's standards, but a really great game back in the day.

twesterm said:
King's Quest (any of them)
Space Quest (any of them)
Quest for Glory (any of them)

Really any of the classic Sierra games.

Sierra used to make some great games.  It is sad to see great developers go by the wayside, but I guess that is just the industry.  With the ones that die new developers come to.

SNES: Cybernator, The Lost Vikings, Plok, Axelay.

N64: Jet Force Jemini, Blast Corps

GC: Cubivore, Killer 7

PC: Imperium, Shadow Of The Comet, Lula The Sexy Empire, Knights & Merchants, Icewind Dale.   

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"