By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Well I just finished Quake 4 on General. I can't tell if it was harder or not than the Call of Duty games on Veteran. I actually think it probably is but the fact that you can save after every enemy you kill negates that since a lot of the difficulty from Call of Duty games comes from triggering the checkpoints.

Either way it's an insane pain in the ass when even the most basic enemies can kill you in 2 shots and over half of them have one hit kill moves/shots. Good luck if you ever try it Ronster, don't keep any weapons or sharp objects near you while you play it.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
JPL78 said:
I would have liked Quake 4 more if had played smoother. There's no reason for that game not to run exceptionally good when you see what id is doing now. It was clearly rushed. Quake 2 was a nice addition but it was hard to play when you were all excited about the 360's other games.

Anyone who plays the harder difficulty level on NG2 gets my props. I am still damn proud of just beating the game. A lot of people gave up on it. Honestly I'm not sure I would want to push myself through such rigorous training to suffer the harder levels. Same with Devil May Cry 4.

I would imagine my true achievements wont be that impressive.

I'm stuck on NG2 actually >< I remember finishing the Water Dragon boss and getting lost with no idea where to go right after...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
JPL78 said:
I would have liked Quake 4 more if had played smoother. There's no reason for that game not to run exceptionally good when you see what id is doing now. It was clearly rushed. Quake 2 was a nice addition but it was hard to play when you were all excited about the 360's other games.

Anyone who plays the harder difficulty level on NG2 gets my props. I am still damn proud of just beating the game. A lot of people gave up on it. Honestly I'm not sure I would want to push myself through such rigorous training to suffer the harder levels. Same with Devil May Cry 4.

I would imagine my true achievements wont be that impressive.

I'm stuck on NG2 actually >< I remember finishing the Water Dragon boss and getting lost with no idea where to go right after...

If you watch the cutscene after you kill him he makes it so pillars are next to each other.  You wall jump up them to the top.  They're right next to you when you kill him.

erikers said:
Well I just finished Quake 4 on General. I can't tell if it was harder or not than the Call of Duty games on Veteran. I actually think it probably is but the fact that you can save after every enemy you kill negates that since a lot of the difficulty from Call of Duty games comes from triggering the checkpoints.

Either way it's an insane pain in the ass when even the most basic enemies can kill you in 2 shots and over half of them have one hit kill moves/shots. Good luck if you ever try it Ronster, don't keep any weapons or sharp objects near you while you play it.

Congrats for finishing it erikers.

Another problem with Quake 4 is the loading times when you reboot your last save after death (It's painfully long grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Thanks for the tips man, i'm going to have to be on happy pills whilst playing it, if i ain't i will go through lots of 360 pads lol.

Got the Gears of War 2 All Fronts DLC this morning after waiting over an hour for it to finish downloading. The single player portion only lasted about 35 minutes and it was alright. Nothing that should be the main reason you buy the DLC.

So far I've played through 5 of the 7 dark corners maps and they've almost all been excellent. Much better than the lackluster combustible maps and some of the Snowbound maps are very good too. Out of the 14 DLC maps I'd say 7-9 of them are very high quality and there's a double experience week going for the Dark Corners maps right now. Anyways I'm on my way to a sure 1675/1750.

Around the Network
erikers said:

Got the Gears of War 2 All Fronts DLC this morning after waiting over an hour for it to finish downloading. The single player portion only lasted about 35 minutes and it was alright. Nothing that should be the main reason you buy the DLC.

So far I've played through 5 of the 7 dark corners maps and they've almost all been excellent. Much better than the lackluster combustible maps and some of the Snowbound maps are very good too. Out of the 14 DLC maps I'd say 7-9 of them are very high quality and there's a double experience week going for the Dark Corners maps right now. Anyways I'm on my way to a sure 1675/1750.

Has matchmaking gotten better for Gears 2? I traded the game in because I was so sick of waiting as long as I could play. Add in the fact that I die pretty fast it's more like I play less than I wait >< And thanks for the NG2 tip it's gonna be a bitch to pick up again.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
erikers said:

Has matchmaking gotten better for Gears 2? I traded the game in because I was so sick of waiting as long as I could play. Add in the fact that I die pretty fast it's more like I play less than I wait >< And thanks for the NG2 tip it's gonna be a bitch to pick up again.

I haven't had any problems with matchmaking.  The only thing I ever noticed is when I haven't played the game for a long time, the first match takes a long time to start sometimes, otherwise every match starts within 2-30 seconds.  The only real problem besides the shit lag is the fact that it'll put me with horrible people every once in a while.  Everybody in the other match will be over level 50 and it'll be me and bunch of guys with 8 or 15.

I'm just so sick of Gears of War 2, I am going to spend 1200 points on Shadow Complex instead

And, I'm just getting the last 100 points in The Force Unleashed and I have beaten Kazdan Paratus after about 2 hours of trying, and I am now past the hardest boss, and on my way to another platinum

Yes, I'm done with TFU (until next DLC....) another platinum in the bag

Just have do get another 30g on Gears of War 2 while there is double XP, then back to the pursuit of Mass Effect platinum! (2 playthroughs to go.... {and proper playthroughs})

Me and Machina have been playing Halo Wars, one more achievement and I'll snatch the platinum from .. whoever has it.