By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

@Erikers "Why are you guys talking in Pig Latin"

I wish the achievements were a bit harder, I think some of the Leisure suit games actually had a points system, max points in a point and click game would be a nice achievement. I'm on such a point and click fever now, replaying through Monkey Island was awesome, I hadn't played it in 15 years so I almost forgot everything. I wish Dagger of Amon Ra, Phantasmagoria, Tentacle, Space Quest, etc would all come to XBLA. Too bad I can't find the floppies that hold them and I don't even have a floppy drive ;_;

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

Man I would kill for a remake of Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle with updated graphics a la Monkey Island.

Piggychan pointed out that one of the idols outside the gigantic monkey head in the game has been changed to a Day of the Tentacle one. Who knows, may be a hint. Im hoping for the same treatment on Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and Monkey Island 2-4.

I picked up The Dig on Steam recently, maybe Ill try Loom as well. They need to put Tales of Monkey Island on XBLA as well!

Graham, I think you can still find Space Quest Collection for mega cheap. I had seen it a couple months ago in a gamestop but never got it.

I never played monkey island and I'm tempted to get it just from rave reviews but as I said I've haven't been feeling like playing much lately. I don't want to get it and waste money. There's that and the fact that I'm quickly running out of HD space and suddenly all XBLA games seem to be 500 MBs or more. This wasn't going to be a problem if the 360 had only lasted a normal cycle but now they are claiming a ten year cycle my storage will never hold up.

How can I turn off auto renewal on my Xbox account? I got 1 month of gold for £1, and then I bought a 3 month subscription, and yet it still has auto renewal on, if I wanted it to renew, why would I not buy a 12 month one!!!! And why is there no obvious option for one.

I know this is about achievements, but I think it is the best place to ask

Around the Network

@Munkeh111

Just add the 3 month code now and it will add 3 months to when your 1 month ends, and they wont renew it or charge you, afaik. To cancel renewals, I think you have to call them.

EaglesEye379 said:
@Munkeh111

Just add the 3 month code now and it will add 3 months to when your 1 month ends, and they wont renew it or charge you, afaik. To cancel renewals, I think you have to call them.

That's what I thought would happen, but it still says automatic renewal on... I might just remove the cards from the site so they can't charge me, but would that result in a ban....

Anyway, I have read all the great reviews for Monkey Island, never played the original, so I am just donwloading it now

^^' Do we have Halo tournaments?

Munkeh111 said:
EaglesEye379 said:
@Munkeh111

That's what I thought would happen, but it still says automatic renewal on... I might just remove the cards from the site so they can't charge me, but would that result in a ban....

Anyway, I have read all the great reviews for Monkey Island, never played the original, so I am just donwloading it now

I hate the new control sheme in the updated version lucky you can play the old version aswell when you press select (and you get some nice extra for it =p.).

Lostplanet22 said:
Munkeh111 said:
EaglesEye379 said:
@Munkeh111

I hate the new control sheme in the updated version lucky you can play the old version aswell when you press select (and you get some nice extra for it =p.).

I like the control scheme, it is a great game