By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Well, when it comes to side scrolling beat em up's i think that Streets of Rage 2 is the best of all time.

Better than Turtles in Time, Final Fight, Double Dragon, Golden Axe ect.

And as for castle crashers? well, it has sold a lot and has 4 player, but the bottom line is that all the characters moves are the same but in streets of rage 2 you have 4 characters all with unique move sets.

3 Games rape castle crashers IMO (Streets of Rage 2 & 3 and the greatest side scrolling beat em up/RPG of all time......... Guardian Heroes)

I find it baffling that there are so few people in the VGchartz league that own Streets of Rage 2 (it's only 400 MS points and has online co-op)

And as for music.......... i still rate Streets of Rage 2's soundtrack as the best of the 16 bit era.

Yuzo Koshiro is a music legend.

@ Graham, yup, kid chameleon is there (one of the most underrated platformers of all time) and vectorman 1 & 2 are there aswell.

Around the Network

Also just to note, the Ultimate Genesis Collection has a 79 "generally favorably reviews" on metacritic.

I love kid chameleon. It is underrated. And I had forgotten about Guardian Heroes, that game is one of the best ever. I would pick the little mage boy with the staff and just wipe the floor with the bad guys faces. Man I wish they would bring that, or 3 Dirty Dwarfs or Mr. Bones or even the original Nights to the XBLA.

Graham, I hope you are right about the Zeta. I'm anticipating another piece of DLC again after that because they are releasing them on disk in twos and as of Zeta they will have 5 pieces. So they need something to put it on a disk with. I just wish they would raise the cap a few more levels, like five more levels.

@ ronster

Maybe it's because streets of rage 2 is extremely old...... and It's 5$
The game has aged alot to me.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I liked Street of Rage 2, back when, but when I played the demo, I wasn't to hot on downloading the whole game, anymore. I'd rather keep my memories of the great game intact. And Chrono Trigger, Batman Returns, and Axelay's soundtracks were much better than SoR2 in my opinion.

One of these days, I'm going to go ahead and score those last 10 points in Tomb Raider Underworld.......

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

Yuzo Koshiro is a music legend.

This.

@ Strategy.

I'm sure some people would agree with you regarding Streets of Rage 2.

But for some others it is still the best side scrolling beat em up ever made.

When Final Fight came out people were blown away.

Then Streets of rage 2 came out and blew Final fight out of the water.

For me personally it's still every bit as good today as it was when it released back in 1992.

And the music in Streets of Rage 2 is timeless.

@ JPL

Thats why i say Guardian Heroes is the best side scrolling beat em up/RPG of all time, that way i don't have to pick between that and Streets of Rage 2 (Best side scrolling beat em up of all time)

Good job Guardian Heroes has RPG elements, or i would never be able to seperate them

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
Gamerscore Rank True Achievement Rank League Rank MyGamerCard Leaderboard
  True Achievements Leaderboard League Rules  
Active Tournaments Platinum  Game Awards Current Hall of Fame Chartz
Potential Tournaments Platinum Games Past Hall of Fame Achievers of the Week

This Week's Gamerscore Leaders

1st 2nd 3rd
strategykinq92 cameron12210 Adajio64
1,500 1,160 1,020

4th 5th 6th
rockstarjerry Loko Moi MX Bradison
931 780 770

Ronster just buy Turtles In Time when it comes out on arcade. It might be a remake with weird graphics but if they keep it the same gameplay you'll be playing a true man's sidescroller brawler. It'll grow some hair on your face just from beating it.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

@ Erikers.

I like turtles in time, and just like all other side scrollers available on xbla (Streets of Rage 2, TMNT 1989 arcade, Golden Axe, Castle Crashers, Double Dragon) it will be a day 1 purchase for me

But it ultimately suffers from the same problem that Castle Crashers has.

Limited moves sets. (all the characters moves are too similar or just the same)

Yes, the turtles have "some of" their own moves, but Streets of Rage 2's moves set for each character is much more diverse and plentiful and completely unique.

Axel with his flaming fist, and 8 hit uppercut finish

Blaze with her flash kick and power fireball

Skate with his corkscrew dive and breakdance

Max with his spinning clasped hands and shoulder charge.

Various throws, various punches, holding down the button for a double kick with axel, pressing both jump and punch together for a backhand ect. (that for me is what seperates Streets of rage 2 from other side scrollers)