By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

EaglesEye379 said:
outlawauron said:
EaglesEye379 said:
About 20 hours in and Im still only in Disc 2 for Star Ocean. Epic!

Would have liked to join you guys on the Prototype race though.

After SO, I will decide between Tales of Vesperia and Prototype.

Dont' rush through it. It took me 23 hours to get through the first disc.

The 2nd and 3rd disc are both much shorter than the first.

Too late, finished Disc 2 - yes it was relatively short. 

Oh well, I will start grinding now. Know any good grinding spots ? I heard Palace of the Creation was good. My characters are around level 46 now.

You don't need to grind. The entire game is fairly easy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Anyone else think Elizabeth Greene in Prototype is fucking hard ;_;

suck it haters (JPL) because red faction did not bomb!! woohoo!!
Oh one more thing: I bought this magic the gathering RTS console game for 50 cents.... bad deal?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I caved into Red Faction they're selling it for 39.99 at NewEgg. I figure at worst I'll finish it and sell it back to Gstop for 30ish. Now let's see if I can dominate both races : /

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

eNamrah said:
JPL78 said:
Lord yes EaglesEye! I've been playing Magic since the early 90s but all my bros are long since moved away. I've always thought it would be perfect for X-box live. I'm a little miffed it doesn't seem to have a full on deck editor. Also I think they are missing an opportunity by not offering more cards as DLC. Who knows, maybe they will. But for 10 dollars even just having a few starter decks to play against other people online and a single player campaign sounds great!

Never played the video game versions but I agree it'd be great for Live. I might get it.

I collected Magic cards for a short period back in the mid 90s. I rarely played and damn near always lost because I wouldn't play my rarest cards. I have the entire Revised set in mint condition. Dual lands ftw

One of my brother's friends was really early on the MTG scene and had the Alpha, Beta and Arabian Nights sets. I'm unsure if he ever sold them. There's currently a PSA-9 mint Alpha Black Lotus selling on ebay for 10 grand. lol

While the idea of unlimited card sound great but if you want that why don't just play the sanction PC version?   I think this is much better for me and the "casual" player.  The reason I got out of playing any CCG type of games is because the sheer amount of cards and the constant need to keep up with the Jones.  I am too old and too busy to spend hours just catalog cards and making decks and testing them.  (I used to play all type of CCG competitively back in the 90's from Magic, to SW CCG to LOTR).  I think this is the best way to do it without making it super complicated for new players (and old fart like me).  For future DLC, a theme deck like what they are doing now with the ConFlux would be awesome.  I got the Demon & Angels decks to play with my kids and it's a blast (not to mention easy to play and fair).

Around the Network

StrategyKing, I'm part of the reason Red Faction didn't bomb... you know... bought it new for full price! Also about the Magic game, no game is a bad deal for 50 cents, but if its the one I think it is it does suck pretty much.

Graham, you should enjoy it. Just some frustrating aspects but not a horrible game. Good luck in the two races. I'm looking to conquer the Ghostbusters race if we have it.

mysticD, It may feel that way about needing to keep up and own all the cards but truthfully a good solid deck will always hold up against any new strategy that comes along.. well mostly. But the one good thing about not allowing players to just buy and buy more cards is if we all have the same cards no one is at an unnatural advantage. It will all be about deck building skill and playing skill, not who has the best cards. I still have my Star Wars cards, I thought the game mostly sucked and was confusing but I have a bunch of cards hoping they are worth something one day.

Just a reminder to everyone who played and got achievements last night. Try to login in today to update your achievments on Live...

Also, if you bought and played new games yesterday, they probably won't be up-to-date on MGC. To get them up-to-date connect to Live, and load the game to their title screen.

@JPL

I have so many SWCCG (the one by Decipher), that was the main problem with SWCCG, there were simply too many cards. Decipher was also stupid to declare unlike Magic we will let people used all the cards which natural leads to many broken play mechanics. It had really steep learning curve that's for sure. I used to play very competitively and make it to my regional championship. I would have made it to the first national championship if it wasn't for the judge yapping away with friend and forgot to call time on the game.

Anyway, I am not saying you need all the cards to play competitively but in any CCG there will always be cards that are stronger and more desirable thus lead to as you say unfair advantage for those that can buys tons of cards. I think this way is much better and on occasion just release DLC of new deck. I heard the deck will have sideboard so it allow for some customization and you won't get hosed agaisnt certain decks type.

It seems the game is not up on Live or I can't seems to find it ...

mysticD said:
@JPL

I have so many SWCCG (the one by Decipher), that was the main problem with SWCCG, there were simply too many cards. Decipher was also stupid to declare unlike Magic we will let people used all the cards which natural leads to many broken play mechanics. It had really steep learning curve that's for sure. I used to play very competitively and make it to my regional championship. I would have made it to the first national championship if it wasn't for the judge yapping away with friend and forgot to call time on the game.

Anyway, I am not saying you need all the cards to play competitively but in any CCG there will always be cards that are stronger and more desirable thus lead to as you say unfair advantage for those that can buys tons of cards. I think this way is much better and on occasion just release DLC of new deck. I heard the deck will have sideboard so it allow for some customization and you won't get hosed agaisnt certain decks type.

It seems the game is not up on Live or I can't seems to find it ...

That confusion and sheer amount of cards was my problem in Star Wars.  Everyone playing would read the rules and every single person had a different interpitation of the rules.  It was just broken for us, but had it worked it probably would have been pretty good.  The core idea behind the game was nice.

Magic should be up now but from what I've heard on Major Nelson's chat, it won't download.  Hopefully soon, I wanna sling some spells after work!  I agree about just releasing DLC with new cards.  That way instead of buying random packs and wasting a ton of money everyone will have access to everything and it becomes much more about strategy.

@JPL
How is ghostbuster? I almost pick that up today since I am child of the 80's ... I was at Toys R Us and they have $20.00 gift card with purchased of the game. I was tempted but I have yet to read any review.

I end up picking up the expansion pack for Fallout 3 instead along with Ninja Blade (It was $15.00 .... 19.99 with 20 percent off if you buy another game). They have several good deal at TRU.

About SWCCG, it's actuallly a very good CCG and require a lot of strategy and very fun. However the cards and rules were the worst. You have to carry around a binder full of errata and ruling just to play the game. The mechanic also not very intuitive and make it very hard to attract new players.