By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Recon1O1 said:
d21l: "You probably should've gotten the retail version of Tomb Raider Anniversary. It's really cheap and has a potential 1000 achievement points. What's done is done, though. I just wanted to stay tied with you for TR:L!!"

I hear ya. They want me to sit on it at home and pay 1600 pts. Not real keen on EB right now. Got Awakenings at Ballbusters. Kinda surprised I liked TR a lot. Swore hard at the timed runs though. Killed poor Lara 762 times and used the B word. Sorry! Like it's her fault. Got Master Raider so 1250 finally. Wish the Indy IP hadn't died.

JPL: Sounds like you're having some fun. Good to see 'funniest' and online together.
Good week for you NeoRatt. I read something about Neorats. Steven Weber's Harrington series or was it John Ringo? Murderous vermin! No offense.

I still haven't done the time trials in TR, nor completed the DLC.  Did you do the last time trial first?  I heard that if you do the last one first, you can unlock some cheats making the rest much easier...

I have been on a "Get at least one achievement in every game I own binge"...  I knocked off about 50 first achievements in games over the past two weeks.  The funniest was when I was working on Smash Court Tennis 3.  It turns out RONSTER316 bought it a few days earlier.  We played for about a half hour online (nice to know that still works - unlike many EA games).

Around the Network

Ready. I have created my account.

My gamertag is MASTERZACK21

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Wow, didn't realize Tropico 3 made tourny status.  Its great to see the game got some solid recognition.

Also FF13, no suprise its up there.  Though I am a little surprised I am leading on it.  Wonder if I can wrap up the full 1k before the tournament ends.  Only 4 achievements to go, but 2 of them are extremely time consuming.

MasterZack said:
Ready. I have created my account.

My gamertag is MASTERZACK21

You're in...  Don't be afraid to bring more gamers with you.

siren said:

Wow, didn't realize Tropico 3 made tourny status.  Its great to see the game got some solid recognition.

Also FF13, no suprise its up there.  Though I am a little surprised I am leading on it.  Wonder if I can wrap up the full 1k before the tournament ends.  Only 4 achievements to go, but 2 of them are extremely time consuming.

Tropico 3 is a solid game.  I had a lot of fun with it in the few hours I played it...  Also, nice that it is $39.95 rather than a $59.95 game.

FF XIII is one of those games that I don't think many people will have high GS in...  1K will show a lot of commitment.

Around the Network

Recon, I've played for nearly 40 hours online and each single match is completely different. The game is just oozing with "Oh Shit!" moments. But it looks like I won't be able to get the last 2 achievements I will need. The stab 5 friends achievement is so stupid it could pretty much ONLY be boosted. Your friends have to be on the opposing team, which involves all kinds of trickery to do it. The one for get 20 destruction kills is stupid as well because after 40 hours I might have one destruction kill...

I hate getting so close to a 1000 points in a game then hitting stupid brick wall achievements.

I'm apprehensive about the game room. I was excited then I read you don't directly control your avatar, so the interface looks more showy than anything. I'll give it a chance but I don't like having near 80 arcade games that don't translate over.

I would have gotten Perfect Dark because I never played it, the horrible frame rate turned me off in the N64 days. Shooters kinda need smooth frame rates, ya know? Plus, when I tried to go back and play Goldeneye years later it was not at all even half as cool as I remembered it.

JPL78 said:
Recon, I've played for nearly 40 hours online and each single match is completely different. The game is just oozing with "Oh Shit!" moments. But it looks like I won't be able to get the last 2 achievements I will need. The stab 5 friends achievement is so stupid it could pretty much ONLY be boosted. Your friends have to be on the opposing team, which involves all kinds of trickery to do it. The one for get 20 destruction kills is stupid as well because after 40 hours I might have one destruction kill...

I hate getting so close to a 1000 points in a game then hitting stupid brick wall achievements.

I'm apprehensive about the game room. I was excited then I read you don't directly control your avatar, so the interface looks more showy than anything. I'll give it a chance but I don't like having near 80 arcade games that don't translate over.

I would have gotten Perfect Dark because I never played it, the horrible frame rate turned me off in the N64 days. Shooters kinda need smooth frame rates, ya know? Plus, when I tried to go back and play Goldeneye years later it was not at all even half as cool as I remembered it.

Did you see the "Knife destroys building video"? 

http://www.respawnaction.com/2010/03/bad-company-2-knife-destroys-building.html

That's crazy.. I don't even know how you would do that unless you just stabbed a C4 and triggered it somehow.

Notice you couldn't see inside the house?

But from my experience the combat knife will not take down houses :) That house wasn't even damaged to begin with.

I noticed Just Cause 2 is $39.86 at Wal-mart in Canada tomorrow.

Looks like I'll be checking it out.

NeoRatt: The 'one shot kill" is Y A Y X LB B and getting that for the Bolivia Redux T-Trial makes the Hard playthrough a snap. Well almost. Just spam the hammer man. I don't know about Anniversary really. Lot of work for 250 gs. There is one timed run you need for gs that took me
hours and hours.

JPL: Like I'm gonna get all 179 whatever in Underworld. Some day. Battlefield sounds great.
Not a big FPS guy right now. It's first-person right? RS:Vegas was at 115 on my profile but even the wimpy setting SP is tough going. Shooters are really immersive though. Love that.