By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Thanks NR. So if you wanted to you could go up carefully rather than just playing to finish. I'll feel bad about stealing the plat. once but it's gotta be done. GS and especially TA pts. seem tough to come by in add-ons.

I rattled through DA:A way too fast. Not 30 but around 24h. Had no trouble getting to lvl 30 so that's a bunch of dead darkspawn. $40? IDK but it was good for me. Gonna build a decent Arcane Warrior/Battlemage for Hardcore.

Around the Network

The league is up-to-date for this week.

Bayonetta and Lumines Live! made platinum status...

Perfect Dark is already a partial tournament...

VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League
GS Career TA Career League Career TA Leaderboard
GS Season TA Season League Season MGC Leaderboard
GS Weekly TA Weekly League Weekly League Rules
Active Tournaments 2009 Hall of Fame Platinum  Game Awards  
Potential Tournaments Past Hall of Fame Platinum Games  

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is now a fully tournament in the league.

Recon1O1 said:
NeoRatt: I get you, should have read up. So if I bought Anniversary as a dlc expansion only playable with Legend in the drive, I don't lose the Plat. award but you don't get another one when you finish, same with DA. DA: A is a separate disc. but only gives 250 pts. and is an obvious exp. pack. That's fair. No worries.

I can heartily unrecommend TR:A for anyone after easy ach. pts. I have almost lost my mind.

DA:A seems like more of the same IP. Glad I didn't do Hardcore right off. The volume of enemies is way ramped up and I'm not in the mood to get my clock cleaned. I took a lvl 16 through from Origins so I'm not sure I'll manage the lvl 30 'Grey' ach. 24 and counting. It's built for end game chars. at 20 plus. Having NPCs I hadn't met in Origins act like pals is a design flaw but they have to impose some defaults.

Like TR this is a big exp. for 250 gs. One review joker said 10-15 hrs. I'll hit 30+. Some decent environments, characters (Justice), weapons and enemies but it has some of those 'rule the realm' headaches I expect from Fable 3. Crafting and new Specs. like Battlemage are cool but the total number of options now feels like overkill. A purist might eat it up.

You probably should've gotten the retail version of Tomb Raider Anniversary.  It's really cheap and has a potential 1000 achievement points.  What's done is done, though. I just wanted to stay tied with you for TR:L!!

NeoRatt said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is now a fully tournament in the league.

And a white-knuckle race it is.  I'm glad it made full tourney.  Honestly, has to be the funnest FPS I've ever played online. You robbed yourself only playing the single player campgain Neo.

If anyone wants some advice, and I'm pretty good at killing this board so I appoligze in advance if that happens...

Play the class you choose.  Play with a squad always, work with a squad.  Use your ammo packs/repair tool/medic abilities and sniper motion sensors to the fullest.  You can rack up hundreds of points and never even get a kill.

People don't seem to realize always, use the back button when siting an enemy to mark that enemy for your squad and all your other teammates.  Another way to add extra points and help the team.

Use squad orders for extra XP.  Press the back button on a flag marker to tell your team to attack or defend it.  It may seem arrogant, but if you are pretty much already attacking or defending it at least everyone gets an extra few points this way.

Inside X-box said this but its true; recon class are not strictly snipers.  In fact under most cases hanging back and trying to snipe will gimp your score.  Hang close to the squad and use your motion detector mines as much as possible.  Use your C4 or Mortar strikes to take out tanks.  I'm actually using an assualt riffle I unlocked at one of the later levels, playing recon without a sniper rifle but hanging with the squad like an assault class and doing quite well.  Camping in a building will generally not advance you unless its across from a flag.

Also pay great attention to the patches you can earn, you get big XP for them and they advance you faster.  Most revolve around playing your class successfully and just racking up kill count will not advance you as fast.

Lastly, cover your squad mates.  Anticipate enemy movement and watch each others back.  If you all focus on the same direction you will die from behind.

Around the Network

OK. Would someone please recruit someone into the league that owns Perfect Dark (XBLA) or would someone go out and splurge the 800 PTS so it becomes a full tournament?

Also, I just listened to Major Nelson's pod cast with about 20 minutes on Game Room. I am really excited about it. I have 20,000 MS Points waiting for the first 30 games this week. And they said there would be 7 games per week going forward... Also, they said the words Pitfall and Lode Runner which again made me even more excited.

NeoRatt said:
OK. Would someone please recruit someone into the league that owns Perfect Dark (XBLA) or would someone go out and splurge the 800 PTS so it becomes a full tournament?

Also, I just listened to Major Nelson's pod cast with about 20 minutes on Game Room. I am really excited about it. I have 20,000 MS Points waiting for the first 30 games this week. And they said there would be 7 games per week going forward... Also, they said the words Pitfall and Lode Runner which again made me even more excited.

Did you buy all those MS Points?

Also I got Perfect Dark, so I should finally get some achievements soon.

d21l: "You probably should've gotten the retail version of Tomb Raider Anniversary. It's really cheap and has a potential 1000 achievement points. What's done is done, though. I just wanted to stay tied with you for TR:L!!"

I hear ya. They want me to sit on it at home and pay 1600 pts. Not real keen on EB right now. Got Awakenings at Ballbusters. Kinda surprised I liked TR a lot. Swore hard at the timed runs though. Killed poor Lara 762 times and used the B word. Sorry! Like it's her fault. Got Master Raider so 1250 finally. Wish the Indy IP hadn't died.

JPL: Sounds like you're having some fun. Good to see 'funniest' and online together.
Good week for you NeoRatt. I read something about Neorats. Steven Weber's Harrington series or was it John Ringo? Murderous vermin! No offense.

yungmagic09 said:
NeoRatt said:

Did you buy all those MS Points?

Also I got Perfect Dark, so I should finally get some achievements soon.

A combination of gifts and self purchases...  I usually pick up a 1,400 card when I go to Wally-World (Wal-Mart)...  Reward myself with a $20 purchase...

Your gamertag is already on the Perfect Dark list so we need another gamer to scoop it up.

Ohh!! I want to join in!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION