By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

Torillian said:
JPL78 said:
Okay, 99 percent of this site is just fanboys calling other fanboys fanboys....

Are we going to start calling fanboy "the other F word" and outcasting anyone who uses it?

Fanboy has been deamed an insult, and you are not allowed to insult other users.  It's a very clear rule that I have absoltely no issue upholding since I agree with it 100%.  Insulting other users has no place in a worthwhile discussion.

Oh gosh, someone on the internet was insulted?!? I had no idea, that changes everything.

Get off the high horse this will fix nothing and change nothing.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network
jagenjg said:
Torillian said:
JPL78 said:

Are we going to start calling fanboy "the other F word" and outcasting anyone who uses it?

Fanboy has been deamed an insult, and you are not allowed to insult other users.  It's a very clear rule that I have absoltely no issue upholding since I agree with it 100%.  Insulting other users has no place in a worthwhile discussion.

Oh gosh, someone on the internet was insulted?!? I had no idea, that changes everything.

I don't moderate the entire internet, nor do I care to.  I moderate for the rules here, if you disagree with the rules of the site you have a few options: try and get it changed by talking to one of the admins (probably ioi), find another site, or get over it.  You are not allowed to insult people here, simple as that.

Torillian said:
jagenjg said:
Torillian said:
JPL78 said:

I don't moderate the entire internet, nor do I care to.  I moderate for the rules here, if you disagree with the rules of the site you have a few options: try and get it changed by talking to one of the admins (probably ioi), find another site, or get over it.  You are not allowed to insult people here, simple as that.

Tell me something, what is the average age of the people that run/mod/own the site including ioi?

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

jagenjg said:
Torillian said:
jagenjg said:
Torillian said:
JPL78 said:

Tell me something, what is the average age of the people that run/mod/own the site including ioi?

mid to late 20's if I had to hazzard a guess.  Maybe mid 20's when you factor in Soriku.

Figures... that was about my guess. I don't know what to tell about hiding behind your rules, but you and your buddies might want to make and amendment to them.  I will not push the issue to anyone, not my job, and dont care.  You guys fix it you might can keep us here.

Around the Network

So you think that 360 fans have such a dire need to insult people that they simply can't remain here if they are not allowed to call people whatever they want? News to me and I'd have to disagree with you on that.

I'll make this simple...

If my GoW post was truely offensive and honestly deserved moderation then keep me permanently banned...

If not then please un-ban my real NeoRatt ID and I will continue the league here.

You're right then, it is simple. What you were doing was insulting other members and therefore was flaming and therefore deserved moderation. If you can get over getting a warning feel free to ask to be unbanned anytime. It was your decision and you can undo it whenever you like, you make the choice.

Torillian said:
You're right then, it is simple. What you were doing was insulting other members and therefore was flaming and therefore deserved moderation. If you can get over getting a warning feel free to ask to be unbanned anytime. It was your decision and you can undo it whenever you like, you make the choice.

Insult was never my intention...  But you are hellbent on believing it was.

Honestly, I love the numbers on this site relating to sales...  That and the 360 league was the only other reason I was still coming to the site.  The people in the league are exceptional by Internet standards.  On the forum side it has degraded to labelling "fanboy" in the same category "b---ch", "mother f-----" and other profanities...  That is just plain wrong and utterly ridiculous.

Its not like I went around the site calling everyone fanboys all the time...  Even when people somehow obtained my personal information and were phoning my house ridiculing the 360 league I didn't say a word to anyone.  When people posted on my wall to shut the f--- up and messaged me with grotesque images I still didn't bother giving them the time of day...

Its a pitty that I use fanboy, and it ends up being moderated when there are so many other real atrocities happening...

The real big irony here is that your calling people fanboys in your signature block and moderating people not to use it...  You should ban yourself...  Just goes to show how hypocritical the rule really is...

My sig describes what I dislike about fanboys, you called other members responding to you in a thread fanboys. How can you not see the difference?

You cannot directly insult people, which you did when you said "I can't believe how defensive and serious Sony fanboys are about their console... I clearly poked fun at MS, Sony, Activision, and EA and you guys still put the Sony Defense Force capes on and go on the attack... Sony is God... Sony is God... All hail Sony..."

Are you trying to tell me this wasn't directed at the person who just responded to you exactly in the manner you described in the reply?