By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official February 2009 NPD Thread

Khuutra said:
Pretty much. Combined for about 80 million units in two years, right?

Wii Music really brings down the "by installment" average, though if we start counting Pokemon spin-offs it isn't as bad a comparison.

I imagine Wii Chess brings down the average a lot more than Wii Music ;)

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
Khuutra said:
Pretty much. Combined for about 80 million units in two years, right?

Wii Music really brings down the "by installment" average, though if we start counting Pokemon spin-offs it isn't as bad a comparison.

I imagine Wii Chess brings down the average a lot more than Wii Music ;)

I saw that and now I want it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kilzone 2 fails to save ps3. solid 360 numbers.

How did this become a Pokemon thread? That press release is classic Greenberg. He totally trashed the PS3 without acknowledging the Wii. :)

After seeing these SF numbers, I'm almost certain Resident Evil is way undertracked.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

"The PS3 was down in February two percent even with the launch of Killzone 2 -- that's months of year-over-year declines. Xbox continues to head north while the PS3 is heading south. We're gaining share." grenburng ftw!
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22833

Xbot said:
"The PS3 was down in February two percent even with the launch of Killzone 2 -- that's months of year-over-year declines. Xbox continues to head north while the PS3 is heading south. We're gaining share." grenburng ftw!
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22833

Greenburg quickly forgets that the PS3 may have had Killzone 2 (for only 2-days mind you) but it also isn't coming off a price drop like it was in February 2008.

"Hemorrhaging" my ass.

If anything shouldn't Sony make more money this February on PS3 sales as opposed to last February's PS3 sales due to lowered production costs? Not sure how much the Yen affects it so of course I could be wrong.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Grenburng doesn't seem like a very nice guy to me. I'm not a big fan of Greenburg either.

I am shocked the ps3 sold that well. The gaming industry is on fire folks, let's enjoy it. I am a very happy gamer.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Wow, that Greenburg doesn't care what people think of him. Says what ever pops up in the ole noggin.