By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Freezing, Cutting Employee Wages.. (First Time in Company History)

"Shit... I know Shit is bad right now"

Sony Freezing, Cutting Employee Wages

Sony have, for the first time in company history, "mothballed" employee wages and bonuses in an attempt to stem the company's financial bleeding.

This means there'll be no wage increases over the next 12 months. For anyone, from the tea ladies all the way up to Sir Howard, and everyone (including the PlayStation folks) in between. Rank-and-file employee bonuses will also be cut by 33%, while managers will be faring even worse, seeing not only a 35-40% reduction in their bonus payments, but a 10-20% wage cut as well.

Not even the top brass will escape unscathed, with Nikkei reporting that "Executives will also be slugged with huge cuts to bonuses and salaries". Ah well. Remember, Sony, before things get better, you must suffer!

Sony to freeze wages for a year - Nikkei [Reuters]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

that's bad very few companies are doing well in this world economy buy most of them are suffering

what company isn't ? And anyone who expects a wage increase in this economic climate is loony.

In America, they'll just fire the "regular employees" while the top dogs keep their bonuses.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

blazinhead89 said:
what company isn't ? And anyone who expects a wage increase in this economic climate is loony.

Weird, i just got a 3% raise at the beginning of the month.  I asked for 6% but i still got one.

Around the Network

Sony hasnt made profit on the PS3 YET, maybe thats why.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

@zomb

lol?

Sony as a whole is much much bigger than a gaming company.

Zomb1337 said:
Sony hasnt made profit on the PS3 YET, maybe thats why.

The Playstation division isn't the only problem for the company you know...

And last quarter I'm pretty sure SCE posted a profit.

OT: I wonder how these next 2 years are gonna pan out....

4 ≈ One

thats not good sony is a japanese company it is not considered good fortune to do that in japan. they will lose some of there support

bad,..soo bad

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡