By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess close to 5 million sold in under a year

The Legend of Zelda:TP Wii0.561.901.193.65
The Legend of Zelda:TP Gamecube

total = 4.96 million world wide. Should easly break 5 million by Dec 31st.

What do you guys think this game will sell total by the end of Wii's generation. I think especailly once Nintendo makes this game a player choice it will continue to sell decently for the rest of Wii's life span.

I hope that it will break Zelda: OOT sales which are in at 7.60 million world wide.

我是广州人

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

The Legend of Zelda:TP Wii0.561.901.193.65
The Legend of Zelda:TP Gamecube

total = 4.96 million world wide. Should easly break 5 million by Dec 31st.

What do you guys think this game will sell total by the end of Wii's generation. I think especailly once Nintendo makes this game a player choice it will continue to sell decently for the rest of Wii's life span.

I hope that it will break Zelda: OOT sales which are in at 7.60 million world wide.

More like 2 weeks from now, not Dec 31st (in regards to hitting 5 million).

Very impressive.  I don't tihnk it will break OoT's sales though.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

No it is a lie. How can a game that is not a mini game compilation sell on the Wii. I do not believe you, it is a lie. I am not listening. LA la la la la la la la.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Do you think it can do 3 million more world wide over the next 5 years?

我是广州人

If it goes player choice like you said, there is no doubt about it. The attach rate is great right now Ashadelo. Imagine when the Wii hits 40 million users.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
What's TP's attach rate? Like about 2.5:1? ItsaMii's right. By next year it could sell like 20 mil if the Wii UB is 40 mil.

I hope for your sake that this was a joke.

XD. Oh my god .

it's still selling 19k a week in NA, it's still selling well in EU, and a few K a week in Japan. I estimate about 35k (140k month) a week still, and the holiday season is coming. It's gonna be close even without a price drop but it will be for certain if there is a price drop

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Didn't Miyamoto say that this may be the last Zelda game of its kind because of disappointing sales or something? What the crap was he talking about?

tarheel91 said:
Didn't Miyamoto say that this may be the last Zelda game of its kind because of disappointing sales or something? What the crap was he talking about?

The sales are disappointing in Japan, only about half a million or so.

tarheel91 said:

Its sales were lackluster in Japan.

I'm really disappointed in the people of Japan. They always ignored Metroid, they've turned a blind eye to the decreasing quality of their RPGs, and now they're starting to turn their backs on Zelda.

People of Japan, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck