By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Play Lair on your PSP.?.?.

nowpeople are saying that it works with a usb gamepad
Clicky
thats a lot of easter eggs!.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Apostrovich said:
Dude, does it work with anything else?

not on ngs, r6:vegas or warhawk. I only have the four games.

The USB thing isn't very surprising, you can use your ps2 controllers with an adapter and get your brake and land buttons back. ^^

cool. I bet it would work with tekken 5....you should see if you can play PS2 games like that. you know, just put a game in and see if you can play it remotely

@apos

No you cant, ps2/ps1 games disconnect you from the psn which must be fixed. On the other hand tekken 5 ps3 does not work on the psp.

mM

ps2 controllers?
ahaha so it does work without motion controls!!!
thats pretty cool, you should post that to gaming sites so that everyone will know.
thats way better than windbane's video out and usb-ps2 controller idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
ps2 controllers?
ahaha so it does work without motion controls!!!
thats pretty cool, you should post that to gaming sites so that everyone will know.
thats way better than windbane's video out and usb-ps2 controller idea.

Heh, I wasn't suggesting it would be a viable way to play.  The graphics take a hit when you play on the PSP (according to Kotaku) and the graphics are grainy when you play a game on video out (not a huge deal, but would make the situation worse probably...still would be cool to see...UMD movies are higher res and do not appear grainy with video out...might also have just been the burnout kotaku tried that was grainy).

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting.  What I don't understand is how the motion controls can be so bad that a user work-around can fix the controls.  I really need to get this game so I can try it out for myself.  I'll get a USB adaptor since I've been meaning to for my PC anyway.

Either way, the potential for all of these discoveries is cool.  Oh, and the USB controller for PSP idea would still be great for vacations with the PSP playing some PS3 games, heh. 

That sucks. But I imagine it would be relatively easy to fix with a firmware upgrade. I have to say, that would be a hell of a advantage for Sony....a 150 dollar portable add-on that lets you play all (probably more like a bunch) of your PS3 games anywhere that has wi-fi? That's less than the HDDVD add-on for 360. I always knew the PSP would eventually have enough cool stuff available for it that I would have to buy one. Frankly, playing Lair wherever I can get wireless access would be awesome...especially if I lived in one of those cities that are installing it free everywhere. Wasn't Toronto doing that?

Also, you have to wonder what score Lair would have gotten if it had been on the PSP. That's kinda weird.