By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you care that Ninja Gaiden 2 is coming to PS3?

wholikeswood said:
selnor said:
Hey bottom line is, more people will enjoy the game. It's the best Hack n slash series there is. Ninja Gaiden 2 will sit proudly in any PS3 collection.

Naa, not really.

God of War series is superior.

I can see where your coming from. GOW is much more casual. It's easier, has less moves and can be completed with not much effort. Ninja Gaiden series is faster, more moves to master, and will have you pulling your hair out.

If you like GOW thats awesome, because I do to. But they are both in a different league. One is for the purist Hacker and the other is for the casual action fan.

Around the Network

@ selnor, pal I agree that it is the number 1 for combat every slash is planned. In the others you just throw out combos.

However as an overall package GOW is better than NG. Better story, characters, scale. I cannot wait, I really enjoyed the first Sigma. Hard mode was different to normal with different enemies and even extra bosses (firend Ryu). Great news for me!

Ynwa.

Wasn't interested in buying it for the 360 and I doubt I'll bother getting the PS3 version either.

selnor said:
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:
Hey bottom line is, more people will enjoy the game. It's the best Hack n slash series there is. Ninja Gaiden 2 will sit proudly in any PS3 collection.

Naa, not really.

I can see where your coming from. GOW is much more casual. It's easier, has less moves and can be completed with not much effort. Ninja Gaiden series is faster, more moves to master, and will have you pulling your hair out.

If you like GOW thats awesome, because I do to. But they are both in a different league. One is for the purist Hacker and the other is for the casual action fan.

I don't agree entirely with this 'hardcore/casual' distinction you're making, but regardless, I was talking about quality. And the winner is GOW.

blackstar said:
Xxain said:
blackstar said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Do you care that Ninja Gaiden 2 is coming to PS3?

Not really, if I really wanted NG2 (which I probably will buy one day) I'd get it for the 360. The irony behind it all being that people were swearing up and down that Sigma was supposed to be this vastly superior game compared to NG2, and that now all of sudden there is much cheering for a port of a game that people were trying to put down in the first place.

people just love doing that , did u even bother reading the posts?

My point above, NG2 port is meh, nobody doing backflips for this

I'm sure some will but saying "people were swearing up and down that Sigma was supposed to be this vastly superior game compared to NG2, and that now all of sudden there is much cheering for a port of a game that people were trying to put down in the first place."  is just putting words on ps fans mouthes which is something happens alot lately.

Actually, that is what a lot of PS3 fans were saying way back when NG2 just came out on the 360. You have to go back to the threads from last year to see it though.

@op: Do I care that it's coming out for the PS3? No not really, as I got NG2 on the 360 the first day it came out, hehe. I like the game the same as when I first got it. I'm actually planning on dl'ing NG: Black(and Fable 1) on XBOX Classics once my new MS points card (along with RE5) comes in from Amazon JP.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
No.

Heck, I'll get a kick outta those who bashed it when it was 360 exclusive and will inevitably praise it now.

Delicious servings of crow incoming!

That should only happen if those 360 fanboys who insisted the game wouldn't go multiplatform because Microsoft was publishing the game will be eating the same crow. ;)

Hahahaha!

Well, what about BBQ'd? Fried gets too greasy =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Nanaki said:
So, game, which I play on X360 is now on PS3. Surely, thats mean, that I can´t play it anymore.

Sounds stupid, right?

Only MS fanboys will be pissed that X360 lose a game a nd only PS3 fanboys will be glad from the same reason. For rest, it doesn´t matter.

^^^ This.

All gamers should care about this because the more Tecmo can make from game sales, the better financially they will be.  And of course for the PS3 owning gamer, it gives him another potentially quality game to choose from while it might get some 360 owners to replay the game.  As long as it turns out to be a quality titles, everyone wins.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Bitmap Frogs said:
axumblade said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
No.

Heck, I'll get a kick outta those who bashed it when it was 360 exclusive and will inevitably praise it now.

Delicious servings of crow incoming!

That should only happen if those 360 fanboys who insisted the game wouldn't go multiplatform because Microsoft was publishing the game will be eating the same crow. ;)

Hahahaha!

Well, what about BBQ'd? Fried gets too greasy =)

I like both, but I prefer BBQ'd

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

wholikeswood said:
selnor said:
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:

Naa, not really.

I don't agree entirely with this 'hardcore/casual' distinction you're making, but regardless, I was talking about quality. And the winner is GOW.

NG 1 and 2 = God of War 1 and 2 in terms of quality.

They are both great games and both have made big splash when they released,because they were unique games.

wholikeswood said:
selnor said:
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:

Naa, not really.

Opinion is opinion. As I like both games I couldnt care less. But there is nothing wrong with the quality of NG series. This may not be the case for you, but the majority of people who probably dont get on with NG is because it's alot harder to finish than the likes of DMC or GOW.

EDIT: After Ninja Blade demo, I may have a new faveourite casual hacker (damn the NB demo was awesome). It seems easier than NG, but has a brilliant action film feel that even GOW 2 didnt have. Obviously GOW 3 will be better than 2, but I cannot wait for Ninja Blade and GOW 3. Good year for hackers everywhere.