By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Lies...

Well.... After waiting months for Red Baron Arcade to come out on PSN as promised, and teased with a trailer, Sony decided to make a quiet cancellation of the game.... But left the game trailer on PSN.. wtf...

Then to my surprise they made the game available for purchase on PSN this week... Excellent!

Then came the kicker... NO Trophies!

"Starting January 2009 all new games will be required by Sony to have Trophy support."

So lets recap..

Sony says Red Baron will be released in Sept: Nope

Sony says Red Baron will not come out on PSN: Nope

Sony says ALL Games will have Trophies after Jan 09: Nope

It might not be a big deal to many as not allot of people are into Arcade WW1 shooters, but think if it as a game you have been waiting for, and you like to get trophies..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Why bother complaining here?
Why not take your sob story to Sony?
What the hell are we supposed to do about this for you?

At least you've got the game now, patches will probably come later

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I never even heard about the game. As for the trophy thing, I took that to mean disc-based games.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

M$ lies to. The NXE was supposed to be optional.........

Spankey said:

I wish everyone would take this advice.  Then half of the threads on this forum would disappear.

Around the Network

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201444.html

"Trophies will be mandatory for titles submitted after January 1, 2009," said the rep

I guess if it was submitted before Jan 1 its exempt from the rule, and some other games have released this year without trophies (Afro Samurai for example)

I'm sure it will get patched in at some time in the future though

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

wasnt the trophy support suppose to start for games starting development after 08 and be optional for games started before 09

blazinhead89 said:

Not talking about MS, by all means go make a thread about them / it.

Spankey said:

It's a video game forum, this topic is about a video game, and video game company.

I did.

I didn't ask anything from you, if this thread upsets you, skip it and move along, you have that power..

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

blazinhead89 said:

NXE is optional, you don't have to use it to access any features as everything is possible using the guide button which brings up the blade system.  Grasping at straws much?

JOKA_ said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201444.html

"Trophies will be mandatory for titles submitted after January 1, 2009," said the rep

I guess if it was submitted before Jan 1 its exempt from the rule, and some other games have released this year without trophies (Afro Samurai for example)

I'm sure it will get patched in at some time in the future though

yes... but when you read quotes like this, it insinuates something different...

videogamer.com

Today a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson confirmed that this information is accurate, stating:

"Yes from Jan 09 all games must have trophies."

I guess I didn't read the fine print..