By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which one is next to become an on-rail shooter on the Wii?

Devil May Cry. I could see it happening.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

hopefully not many, give me a good first person shooter over on rails anyday

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Ooh I would love another Star Fox. But oh wait it is on rails so I'm guessing the people are going to hate Star Fox now. Oh damn. Boo hoo.

@Zucas: No, people hate that franchises with a proven formula get converted into on rails shooters, or any other genre for thecase being. That post was unnecessary...

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Zucas: No, people hate that franchises with a proven formula get converted into on rails shooters, or any other genre for thecase being. That post was unnecessary...

No no it was quite necessary.  Everything else though has been quite unnecessary.  But thx for trying.

Around the Network

@Zucas: No problem. The reality is I see no one whining at HotD, S&P2, Star Fox, Sonic, Ghost Squad because those are games that were born on rails. What people dislike is getting an on rails shooter game for a franchise that was never intended to be. Just like getting a Castlevania fighter, a Soul Calibur beat'em up, a Yugi-oh racer brought backlashes. You have to understand the fans complaints and accept them, because they are the ones that will buy the product.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

@zucas

Isn't star fox a shoot 'em up since u keep going forward the whole time.
But games like umbrella chronicles & dragon quest the screen is still when u fight the enemies. So they are different type of games no?

trestres said:
@Zucas: No problem. The reality is I see no one whining at HotD, S&P2, Star Fox, Sonic, Ghost Squad because those are games that were born on rails. What people dislike is getting an on rails shooter game for a franchise that was never intended to be. Just like getting a Castlevania fighter, a Soul Calibur beat'em up, a Yugi-oh racer brought backlashes. You have to understand the fans complaints and accept them, because they are the ones that will buy the product.

*looks at the number of Wii games owned*

Hmm apparently they should be listening to me and not yall because I'm the one buying them.  Hmm.

arsenal009 said:
@zucas

Isn't star fox a shoot 'em up since u keep going forward the whole time.
But games like umbrella chronicles & dragon quest the screen is still when u fight the enemies. So they are different type of games no?

Well they didn't differentiate what kind of on rails game.  Technically on-rails is a very vauge word as it means anything where you can't control the pace and direction of the game.  In Star Fox the screen moves for you and you can't change that.  ONly time you can is in the battle mode where it becomes a flight action game.  Otherwise it's an on rails shootem up.  Love every bit of it too haha.

Of course it's different from say House of the Dead but both are on rails.

@Zucas: What does have to do with anything though? Check the actual numbers of the mainline games vs the spin-offs. Check them.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies