By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 is not Resident Evil.

they should have just stuck with everything that made RE4 so good.

Around the Network

with RE5 for better or worse the transformation of RE from a horror game franchise to an action game franchise has been completed

personally I have no need for even more action games

shinyuhadouken said:
It may not be Resident Evil, but it's still fun. best game this year so far.

that would be empire total war 2 followed by ks2:=)

NO stress, NO fear, NO Zombies

Amo and Guns OVERLOAD

WORST : NO huge mansion !!!

it s FAR from being a Resident Evil

It s more like a Devil May Cry or another action shooting game....
the game is not crap, but not so fun, it s more like a RE4.5

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

masterb8tr said:
shinyuhadouken said:
It may not be Resident Evil, but it's still fun. best game this year so far.

that would be empire total war 2 followed by ks2:=)

sure..in your opinion.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

RE4 and RE5 paves the way for a RE6.
Let's hope that RE6 is not similar to gears of war.

I'm a core Resident Evil fan. I've been playing Resident Evil since the mid 90s.
I want core Resident Evil games. Will there ever be another one?

Yea, I'd like that. I like both ways, so it would be perfect if they could have 2 types of main games. Action and Survival Horror.

I really wish they had an option to just let you play by yourself with no stupid AI. As it stands now, I'm not going to buy this game. I want to go through a game on my own, without an "AI partner". I could play it co-op, but I don't really want that either. If I wanna play co-op I'll just boot Gears of War 2 up.

RVDondaPC said:

I've been playing Resident Evil 5 for a little over an hour now and I've come to the conclusion that the game is not quite Resident Evil. Don't get me wrong the game is fun, but it feels much different then all other Resident Evils. And a lot of decisions in the game have been made about it that either don't make sense to me or are obviously to make the game much more casual gamer friendly and westernized.

I've been enjoying it so far, but the more I play the more I start to realize that I have a growing appeitite to play a "real" Resident Evil game. A game where you don't have a sidekick wasting ammo and herbs, you don't spray the herbs like lyscol, you don't have shitty blood animation, you don't have automatic saves all the time with no typewriters, you don't have a quick inventory menu and you can't save inventory set up seperate from the game data, you dont get chapter selection, you don't get a million bullets and you don't get 4 different types of guns within the first 60 minutes of playing. 

Does anyone else get this feeling playing the game? And do you think it would be a good idea if they split up the Resident Evil Franchise into two directions? One to stick to it's roots and one to push the game into what it is becoming a more westernized, faster paced, casual game shooter? 

Resident Evil 4 wasn't Resident Evil either but nobody complained except me.

GamingChartzFTW said:

RE4 and RE5 paves the way for a RE6.
Let's hope that RE6 is not similar to gears of war.

I'm a core Resident Evil fan. I've been playing Resident Evil since the mid 90s.
I want core Resident Evil games. Will there ever be another one?

Too right! Res4\5 are just not Resident Evil. It's fucked because everyone loved Resident Evil 4, oh we love the new direction...blah blah...Yeah and now look what you got. Resident Evil 4 but without the good bits. Now suddenly everyone is like. "Oh yeah, I want the core games back"....after saying "Res4 is an revolution the series needed" or some tosh like that. Really pisses me off sometimes though, when suddenly it turns out that EVERYONE really did love RE1-3+Veronica....BS I tell you BS. It's like fashion, we love all things nostalgia....Well, I actually did feel sick when RE4 came out and knew it was the end.

How many of you did?

^ not directed at the person I'm quoting, I agree with this person.