By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 to Get New Ranking System and Map Pack.

Through an interview with GameSpot U.K., Epic Games has announced it will modify the ranking system of Gears of War 2 incorporating the features it originally suggested. It'll do so through a title update that is scheduled for release on March 24th. Additionally, the studio also announced a third map pack for the game called Snowblind Map Pack that will arrive on March 31 including four new maps: Grindyard, Under Hill, Courtyard, and a remake of Fuel Depot from the original Gears game.

Some highlights from the article:

Under the new system, players will earn experience points for scoring in public matches, advancing all the way to level 100. Upon attaining certain levels, they will be rewarded with the following Xbox achievements: Rookie Gear (level 5), Seasoned Gear (level 15), Battle-Tested Gear (level 25), Battle-Hardened Gear (level 50), and Veteran Gear (level 100). (The last two achievements will also require that players download and achieve feats in the Snowblind Map Pack.) Four other unnamed achievements will be added as part of the update, with a total of 250 GamerScore Points.

In addition to the new experience system--which will only be based on games played post-update--Gear of War 2's Title Update 3 will also feature new auto-balancing features which will swap in bots for players who drop out mid-match. (Those same dropouts will suffer an experience point penalty.)

original: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19139/Gears-of-War-2-to-Get-New-Ranking-System-and-Map-Pack/

very interesting ,?

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network

Can I guess this will be another $10 map pack? $20 worth of maps in 4 months, by the end of the year the complete Gears experience will be over $200!

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

What they really need to fix is the matchmaking system.

hmm..sounds interesting. I might go back to gears 2 after all.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

its too bad gears 2 is a terrible online experience. Laggy games, nerfed shotgun, LONG matchmaking times, and overpowered lancer. This game was a step back from the origional. I will not be buying this

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
its too bad gears 2 is a terrible online experience. Laggy games, nerfed shotgun, LONG matchmaking times, and overpowered lancer. This game was a step back from the origional. I will not be buying this

yes to everything you just said. you forgot the chainsaw is the equivalent of a vacum. Gears 2 campaign was a lot better than the first Gears'.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^