By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony ahead Nitendo in Japan, the battle began !

samus aran rules said:
Stan Gable said:
What I find even funnier is that if you go back a week worth of threads I'm pretty sure you can find a post or a comment from someone saying PS3 is not in the same category of the Wii thus they're not competing with each other. However, if PS3 leads for a week or 2 suddenly it does matter!!! Oh the irony!!

That is ironic.

But not surprising. If PS3 would sell as much or better than Wii everybody would all of a sudden start to compare them, even the ones who previously claimed otherwise.

One idiot makes a thread claiming Ps3 is owning the Wii and now everyone is lumped with the idiot? Your assumption that everybody is saying that is almost as bad as saying Ps3 is gaining ground in Japan.

Around the Network

Makes me happy when proper consoles sell better than overhypped underpowered full of gimmicks no games one :)

And hopefully such situation in Japan will last at least till end of April to FF demo release.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The Wii still has 100k more unit sales in 2009 than PS3 in Japan. Come back when Sony demonstrates that it can maintain this momentum.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

this was bound to happen! there is no point complaining on poor old patrice1970 for stating the truth!
Lack of strong games on Wii, arrival of strong games on PS3 and PSP, another Yakuza is out next month in japan as well!

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

famousringo said:
The Wii still has 100k more unit sales in 2009 than PS3 in Japan. Come back when Sony demonstrates that it can maintain this momentum.

Companies can't maintain momentum! only consumers can!

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

@the person that asked:

The game in my sig is Tales of Vesperia for xbox 360.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

so wii is outsold by 20k of course PS3 is riding 2 huge games in a row right now so the gap will be smaller but lets just pretend it doesn't.

All Sony needs to do is do that for another 250 weeks in a row or about 4.8 years, no problem right.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Riot Of The Blood said:
@the person that asked:

Thanks.  Seens to be interesting. I'll look into it.

Riot Of The Blood said:
@the person that asked:

Kratos is in Vesperia?

Oh Snap, so for the record, the two systems are competing now? Good to know...wait who's winning? The console that has more than 2x the current installed base, or the console who has outsold the other console by 20k in a week.

Wii's been in a software slump for a while and only recently dropped below its competition. What is scary is that the comp needed huge games while the Wii received none as of yet, just to win a week or two. This battles been over since before 2008 kid.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.