By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony ahead Nitendo in Japan, the battle began !

kylohk said:
^Also, in terms of processing power, the PS3 IS the hare!

Besides, is the tortoise and the hare even a French fable? It's originally written by Aesop, a Greek. The French version was just a remake!

Nope the turtle and the hare is by Jean de la Fontaine (French) not Aesop.

Edit: But De La Fontaine found inspiration from Ésope, Phèdre and Abstémius so it might be an adaptation after all.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

What is it with Sony fans? A few weeks of sales where Sony outsells Nintendo and it´s suddenly a big fight with Sony in the lead?

Obviously it doesn´t matter that Nintendo has sold far better for a couple of years? Oh well...

Wake me up when PS3 will have sold 8 million in Japan (the actual sales of the Wii)...

Even if PS3 has two times more success compared to its first years, it should achieve this in... a little less than two years, at the end of 2010: way to win "a battle"...

Cos of course, the Wii will keep on sellin', and the real fight here is PS2 vs Wii, for the title of THE fastest sellin' console of all-time, in Japan as in the rest of the world... PS3 is irrelevant in that "fight", just as many fanboys' wishful thinking...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Oh God this wont end well Can someone insert a Faceplam pic?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

patrice1970 said:
do you the fable of " le lièvre et la tortue " ?

A race beetween a rabbit and a turtle, and who win in the end ?
Read the fable and you'll understand that things are not always what they seem.

I'm not nostradamus, neither you !

Watching the battle is the only thing we can do, and supputation of course !

Let's have another talk in one year...

I like the way you responded. Kudos.

For that reason I hereby agree to have another talk (and hopefully before then as well) in one year and see who has bragging rights. Good luck, I think you are going to need it more than I do.

Around the Network
kylohk said:
^Also, in terms of processing power, the PS3 IS the hare!

Besides, is the tortoise and the hare even a French fable? It's originally written by Aesop, a Greek. The French version was just a remake!

OP didn't say it was a French fable. Just because you wrote "tortoise and hare" in English doesn't make it closer to Greek.

Why are there so many people nit-picking his English? It's obviously not his first language.

OT: I have to agree that Sony, the rabbit, grew over confident in the PS and PS2 part of the race and now for all it's strength has fallen behind.

Being a closet Sony fan, I hope it will make ground but I'm certain it won't be first.

^ Outselling the competition by 20k in a week when the gap pretty much 5 million can barely be considered gaining ground.

What I find even funnier is that if you go back a week worth of threads I'm pretty sure you can find a post or a comment from someone saying PS3 is not in the same category of the Wii thus they're not competing with each other. However, if PS3 leads for a week or 2 suddenly it does matter!!! Oh the irony!!

Stan Gable said:
What I find even funnier is that if you go back a week worth of threads I'm pretty sure you can find a post or a comment from someone saying PS3 is not in the same category of the Wii thus they're not competing with each other. However, if PS3 leads for a week or 2 suddenly it does matter!!! Oh the irony!!

Don't worry.  People will go back to saying the Wii and PS3 don't compete again but you'll just have to wait a week for the NPD thread.

Stan Gable said:

That is ironic.

But not surprising. If PS3 would sell as much or better than Wii everybody would all of a sudden start to compare them, even the ones who previously claimed otherwise.