By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Halo 3 Reviews Discussion thread

Legend11 said:
(I've never seen another magazine or website do that and it would seem to be unfair if they did it to works in pregress).

Isn't this kind of what happened with Play Magazine and their Lair review?

Around the Network

Taking a look at that picture, it looks like the 5 out of 5 isn't really a (p)review score at all, just a simple 5 point scale of its "most wanted" rating.

A quick look at game rankings seems to show that the magazine uses a hundred point scale (it gave blue dragon an 86 or 8.6). http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/927950.asp

Oh well... Still, a good read.

Forge is what I'm looking forward to the most

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

yes forge is gonna be fantastic and i have a feeling i might play that more than the other game modes.

Around the Network

My final guess for Halo 3's end rating:

94.3%

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Or... 96.7... See, I can make up numbers too! :)

El Duderino said:

^^ I´ve played both but a long time after release, still I don´t get why everybody hates the PC version, ok it came out way to late as did Halo2, still its a solid game any very fun. I agree that Halo did much to bring shooters to Consoles, the PC is still the primary platform (at leats for multiplayer shooters) but Consoles (not just the Xbox) owe a lot to Halo for showing how well shooters can work on consoles, I´d say Halo and Golden Eye where real eye openers... wow that joke is corny... I feel like I need to do updates for Brawl :)

EDIT: damn, rocketpig beat me to my own opinion, oh well he´s got a rocket, can´t ceep up with that :)

The main problem with the PC version of the game is that the system requirements were way out of line for the quality of the graphics delivered. There were prettier games out there which required less horsepower to run. Heck, the original Halo demonstration at E3 was running on a stock blue and white Macintosh G3 tower which couldn't have had much more power than the dusty 350Mhz machine next to my desk.

The reaction I heard from people was that the PC version of Halo was meant to be an ad for Xbox. It was like the PC version had been delibrately crippled to make the console version look better.

At least they threw in a couple cool new weapons. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.