By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What order will you show your kids the Star Wars movies?

Furthermore, all 6 have bad acting, bad jokes, and plot holes. That is just SW. That is why all 6 got horrible reviews.

1 is the worst simple because it is the beginning. The beginning of any story is always less entertaining than the rest. That's why there is a climax. i.e. parts 3 and 6.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
I wouldn't a douche fanboy and show the story as intended by the creator. 1-6.

But the creator keeps changing his mind.  At one point he said it would be 10 movies.  He even added dinosaurs to THX-1138.  He can't be trusted.

The way god intended, in a fire.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
superchunk said:

But the creator keeps changing his mind.  At one point he said it would be 10 movies.  He even added dinosaurs to THX-1138.  He can't be trusted.

What did he do to THX-1138? I haven't watched that movie in over a decade... Don't tell me he fucked up that movie, too.

Thank God he doesn't have control of American Graffiti...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

rocketpig said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
superchunk said:

What did he do to THX-1138? I haven't watched that movie in over a decade... Don't tell me he fucked up that movie, too.

Thank God he doesn't have control of American Graffiti...

He ruined the DVD version.  You know how the film is kinda famous for being say... ALL WHITE, with tons of blank space?  In several shots he filled up all the whiteness with tons of random CG technology stuff, like dials and levers and screens and buttons all over the walls for no reason.  He went nuts with the explosion at the beginning.  In the original, there's a random shot of a lizard between the walls.  For the DVD he added wings to the lizard to make it some alien thing for no reason.  Shots of crowds used to be 5-20 people, and now with digital imagineering, there will be 100-200 people in the background to make it seem more crowded.  When they get to that parking lot basement area, there's a shot of this kinda caveman bum looking dude, and in that shot, he added some random lizard men dinosaur things that are crawling around on the ceiling and walls.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.  Oh, he added a bunch of explosions and debris and stuff for the car chase too.  Tried to make it more action-packed.  It was horrible.

I think I would go 4-6 and then 1-3 to get the full effect of the twists in 4-6. Later a 1-6 marathon would be in order.

On a side note, I don't understand all the hate for Episode 1. Darth Maul was too awesome to hate that movie.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

The order they are supposed to be shown in.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Hephaestos said:
d21lewis said:
I'll go IV-VI. Then, I'd whip out I-lll. And THEN, we watch I-VI. I'd explain," Part l was made OVER TWENTY YEARS after part IV and it all ties together flawlessly. Just awesome.

flawlessly, as in Leia is a princess because??

A) Naboo queens are elected, hence no princesses

B) remember that little talk on ewok trees she had with luke about her real mother that died when she was 4 (or so)...

Also note R2's jet propultion.

And don't forget Anakin's half brother that is 20years old like anakin although he did not exist when anakin was 10 (just so that he and the wife appeared... The story would have been fine with him being 10...)

I am hardly a SW reference but these points enoyed me when watching the movie... and they could easely have been avoided...

all the more reasons to show them in creation order imho

At the end of Episode 3, Padmé gives birth to Luke and Leia.  Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Bail Organa decide that the twins must be hidden.  Obi-Wan takes Luke to Tatooine so he can live with relatives. Bail Organa, who is the head of the royal family on Alderaan, takes Leia.  The Organa's adopt Leia.  Hence her name, Princess Leia Organa.

Your point in B does seem to be a plot hole.

I don't think R2's jets are a plot hole, they are just stupid.

Owen Lars is actually Anakin's step-brother.  Anakin's mom married after Anakin left Tatooine, which is why we don't meet him earlier.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Hephaestos said:
d21lewis said:
I'll go IV-VI. Then, I'd whip out I-lll. And THEN, we watch I-VI. I'd explain," Part l was made OVER TWENTY YEARS after part IV and it all ties together flawlessly. Just awesome.

flawlessly, as in Leia is a princess because??

A) Naboo queens are elected, hence no princesses

B) remember that little talk on ewok trees she had with luke about her real mother that died when she was 4 (or so)...

Also note R2's jet propultion.

And don't forget Anakin's half brother that is 20years old like anakin although he did not exist when anakin was 10 (just so that he and the wife appeared... The story would have been fine with him being 10...)

I am hardly a SW reference but these points enoyed me when watching the movie... and they could easely have been avoided...

all the more reasons to show them in creation order imho

At the end of Episode 3, Padmé gives birth to Luke and Leia.  Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Bail Organa decide that the twins must be hidden.  Obi-Wan takes Luke to Tatooine so he can live with relatives. Bail Organa, who is the head of the royal family on Alderaan, takes Leia.  The Organa's adopt Leia.  Hence her name, Princess Leia Organa.

Your point in B does seem to be a plot hole.

I don't think R2's jets are a plot hole, they are just stupid.

Owen Lars is actually Anakin's step-brother.  Anakin's mom married after Anakin left Tatooine, which is why we don't meet him earlier.

its possible that her adopted mother died when she was 4