By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 designer QUITS Guerilla for Splash Damage (another dev)!!

lol he worked on duke nukem forever ? good times XD

Anyways level design in killzone 2 was great. So i guess we can expect great level design out of.. well whatever they are making. Oblivion 2. Elderscrolls 5. Now with more retarded AI. (not that the game was bad but the AI was horrid)

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

secondly....."will work on a AAA game for betheasda"......how do they already know its AAA?

Because its Bethesda. they are amazing

coolestguyever said:
darthdevidem01 said:

secondly....."will work on a AAA game for betheasda"......how do they already know its AAA?

Because its Bethesda. they are amazing at releasing buggy software.

fixed?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

darthdevidem01 said:

'AAA' = 'not shovelware'

Only idiots and fanboys argue about aggregate metacritic rankings, or use such arbitrary numbers to determine whether a game has achieved a certain status or not.

darthdevidem01 said:

Killzone 2 designer quits Guerilla for Splash Damage

Killzone 2 lead level designer Neil Alphonso has left Guerilla Games to join the UKs Splash Damage.

Alphonso, who has also worked on Splinter Cell and Duke Nukem Forever, will work on the triple A game in development for Fallout 3 publisher Bethesda.

"I love Neil’s considerable focus on advancing our players’ experience, born-out by his refined design talent and stunning accumulation of knowledge while working on games such as Killzone 2 and Splinter Cell," commented Paul Wedgwood, owner of Splash Damage.

"He's the perfect man to lead our team of really skilled level designers. I can’t wait for our fans to see what he and his team are working on."

Splash Damage is steadily building a strong development team, having already added talent who between them have worked on Heavenly Sword, Mass Effect, World in Conflict and Black, amongst other games.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/killzone-2-designer-quits-guerilla-for-splash-damage

___________-

First of all....how stupid of him

______

Do you think it was a good move or a bad one?

Wasnt Fallout 3 AAA? The huge success of KZ2 and he leaves...

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Someone actually wasted their time to make an article out of that?

Anything with KZ2 at its name will get hits, specially if they may look like can be in detriment of Sony....

As I've posted somewhere else, not a big deal. Better paycheck, better job, in a time of world recession means job change in my book.

He worked on Duke Nukem Forever...I stopped reading after that and started to LOL

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

twesterm said:
Someone actually wasted their time to make an article out of that?

*sneezes* I think I'm allergic to this thread....

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=63459

Anyway good luck to this guy.... Nice of him to help finish KZ2.

ShadowSoldier said:
He worked on Duke Nukem Forever...I stopped reading after that and started to LOL

Almost everyone in the industry has worked on Duke Nukem Forever. George Broussard has switched engines and restarted the project from scratch so many times 3D Realms has essentially already written the game four or five times, and each time Broussard cans the project and starts over from scratch because he wants the game on the latest-and-greatest tech.

DNF was done on the original Unreal Engine back in 1998/99, then reworked for a modified Unreal Engine in 2000/01. That was the tech demonstrated at E3 2001, before Broussard brought in more programmers and started over again with a completely rewritten renderer and UE 2.0, throwing out over 90% of a completed game with levels that were playable at that E3.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

darthdevidem01 said:

Killzone 2 designer quits Guerilla for Splash Damage

Killzone 2 lead level designer Neil Alphonso has left Guerilla Games to join the UKs Splash Damage.

Alphonso, who has also worked on Splinter Cell and Duke Nukem Forever, will work on the triple A game in development for Fallout 3 publisher Bethesda.

"I love Neil’s considerable focus on advancing our players’ experience, born-out by his refined design talent and stunning accumulation of knowledge while working on games such as Killzone 2 and Splinter Cell," commented Paul Wedgwood, owner of Splash Damage.

"He's the perfect man to lead our team of really skilled level designers. I can’t wait for our fans to see what he and his team are working on."

Splash Damage is steadily building a strong development team, having already added talent who between them have worked on Heavenly Sword, Mass Effect, World in Conflict and Black, amongst other games.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/killzone-2-designer-quits-guerilla-for-splash-damage

___________-

First of all....how stupid of him

______

Do you think it was a good move or a bad one?

I posted it yesterday btw... maybe with a less catchy title...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=63335&page=1

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.