By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac prepping for some big news tomorrow.

mebbe. Who knows.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Doesn't sony like own them?

A new IP Please...

Most likely R&C, as Q4B hinted at a followup in late 2009

Sharky54 said:

No. They probably have a generation long contract (like Sucker Punch), but Insomiac is indepdent. They're pretty much second party.

However, Sony owns the rights to the Resistance and Ratchet&Clank I.Ps.

Around the Network

Game exclusively for the 360?

bbsin said:
Sharky54 said:

No. They probably have a generation long contract (like Sucker Punch), but Insomiac is indepdent. They're pretty much second party.

No contracts or anything. Insomniac has developed for Sony's consoles for ages and stated they will stay on Sony's consoles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
bbsin said:
Sharky54 said:

No contracts or anything. Insomniac has developed for Sony's consoles for ages and stated they will stay on Sony's consoles.

There has to be contracts involved. Otherwise, Sony wouldn't be funding all their games, nor would they have control of the I.P.

You don't really think Ted Price would launch the Nocturnal initiative out of good will right?

This'll be good.

erstabbsin said:
ssj12 said:
bbsin said:
Sharky54 said:

There has to be contracts involved. Otherwise, Sony wouldn't be funding all their games, nor would they have control of the I.P.

You don't really think Ted Price would launch the Nocturnal initiative out of good will right?

Dude, you misuderstand. It's the games that are under contract as they are Sony IP's being developed by Insomniac. Sony have the final say on everything that happens with them. It is the same scenario with Ready at Dawn with GOW: CoO and Level 5 with White Knight Chronicles/Dark Cloud etc... the games are under contract/funding not the company.