By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whar happend to Neo-Geo Games on the Virtual Console?

i ones read an interview saying that by this time there where gonna be games like fatal fury and others in the virtual console, what happend? is this gonna ever happen

Around the Network

The capability is there. More than likely, Nintendo's waiting until they exhaust the library of one system (most likely the TG-16) before adding another.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

mm i hope the do ad neo geo they got some great great games

I heard on an IGN podcast that several Neo Geo games are still confirmed to be released this  year on VC. So they're coming slowly, but they're still coming -- they have not been canceled.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

last blade 2 rules! Why has no one made a fighter like this recently?

Around the Network

Maybe they're working on support for some kind of USB-utilizing mass memory device before giving Neo Geo games for download? Those things are pretty massive IIRC.

I think they're also working on Saturn games btw.

there where some good games on the saturn fighters Vipers was one

Does NeoGeo have any good games, besides fighting games???

a.l.e.x59 said:
Does NeoGeo have any good games, besides fighting games???

That had some pretty good baseball games.

Parokki said:

Maybe they're working on support for some kind of USB-utilizing mass memory device before giving Neo Geo games for download? Those things are pretty massive IIRC.

I think they're also working on Saturn games btw.

They could just let us use the damned SD card.  My biggest gripe with the Wii is the uselessness of the SD card slot. 

The biggest Neo Geo game was around 70mega bytes.  People thought they were bigger because the console listed the game sizes in bits rather than bytes. 

As for the Saturn, I hadn't heard that rumor.  I imagine they could release the original Nights when the new one comes out.  I have also heard that we could get some Turbo-Duo games (with mp3 compressed audio) after the TG-16 games are gone.  That really doesn't mean much unless the words "Rondo of Blood" make you wet your pants.  Rumors are only rumors though.