By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need PS3 and game help (new PS3 owner in the next two weeks)

uncharted
RE5
MGS4
resistance 2

Around the Network

MGS4
little big planet
Uncharted
killzone 2
hot shot golf out of bounds

From the PSN flOwer, flOw and wipeout HD are a must

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

xman said:

I am finally ready to make the plunge. I have had my xbox 360 for 3 years, go a WII for christmas and the wife is going to buy me a PS3 for my B day in two weeks.  I could use your help.  First I am in the North East (America), what are the best deals we can get for a PS3?

I am going to get Killzone 2 but give me 3-4 great games for the PS3

Thanks

i would say out of every ps3 game i own the only one i really keep coming back to is ratchet and clank simply amazing.

as for a deal yesterday at a BJ's in CT they had the 80gb for 349 and it included 2 games and 2 controllers

Blaze said:
xman said:

I am finally ready to make the plunge. I have had my xbox 360 for 3 years, go a WII for christmas and the wife is going to buy me a PS3 for my B day in two weeks.  I could use your help.  First I am in the North East (America), what are the best deals we can get for a PS3?

I am going to get Killzone 2 but give me 3-4 great games for the PS3

Thanks

i would say out of every ps3 game i own the only one i really keep coming back to is ratchet and clank simply amazing.

as for a deal yesterday at a BJ's in CT they had the 80gb for 349 and it included 2 games and 2 controllers

Thats a good deal

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Truly a great experience)

Little Big Planet (Despite the kiddish looks, real genuine fun that your wife will probably play with you and enjoy as well).

Kill Zone 2 (Just an awesome game, as you apparently already can see).

Uncharted Drakes Fortune (Indiana Jones, Beautiful graphics, Treasure hunting, fun game don't pass this one up). Also the sequel for this is coming for this Christmas. (Might be wise to get this one so your comfortable with the sequel).

Flower (Only 10$ and about 3-6 hours long if you want to get trophies) but easily one of the best PSN games and I guarantee you the most unique, original game that you will ever have played.

IMHO those 5 above are absolutely 'must buys' if you own a PS3.

Other notable games that are a lot of fun but IMHO not necessarily 'must buys'  but  depending on your tastes would be :

- Resistance 1 and Resistance 2. (Two really solid fun games).
- Ratchet and Clank (Good sold series)
- Motorstorm (Fun off road, mud racing, over the top game)
- Warhawk (Multi-player only game, but definitely a lot of fun tanks, planes, anti aircraft, foot solider, etc You can do it all in one gigantic online game).
- Wipeout HD (Another downloadable game that's a good fun game, especially if you enjoy Wipeout games)
- Gran Turismo Prologue (Racing sim, great series).

Around the Network

Resistance 1 + 2 (FPS)
Motorstorm Pacific Rift (Off road racing)
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (TPS)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Racing Sim)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (THE GAME OF THE YEAR)
Warhawk (Multiplayer only TPS)

and the game that I have spent the most on:
LittleBigPlanet (Platformer)

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Little Big Planet - co-op orientated platformer / level-creator.
PixelJunk Monsters - Very fun co-op tower defense.
PixelJunk Eden - beautifiul minimalist 2d platformer. Easily 10+ hours of gameplay.
Uncharted - Definately worth at least a rental if you're a fan of TPS games. Some platforming though the emphasis is on shooting.
Warhawk - Not for everyone, the learning curve will punch you in the face. I'd rent it or pick it up cheap to see if it's up your alley. If it is, join the warhawk league.

Also keep an eye on Fat Princess, which is going to be coming to PSN sometime this spring. 3rd person team-based action / rts goodness with 32 player online.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Thanks everyone for all your help getting excited

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Killzone 2 (check)
1. MGS4
2.LittleBigPlanet(must have)
3.Uncharted
4.Any Motorstorm(greatest hits for the 1st one about $25-30)

Still waiting on a New Road Rash and Legend of Dragoon 2...

PS3 Trophies

WARHAWK!!!!
Resistance 2
GT5P
Uncharted
Motorstorm 1-2
MGS4

I would say get Warhawk for sure, the others are also great games.