By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Questions about the RRoD...

mrstickball said:
gergroy -

Yes, the forums are biased, but they are only biased depending on who's posting in the threads.

There are, and can be, lots of anti-360 people that will post negative and sometimes false info about RRoD occurrences, based on their friends, or heresay. The only way to really get good info about what happens are from people that:

1) Own a X360
2) Had it happened to them

There are plenty of X360 owners that have had their 360's RRoD. We used to have posts about them all the time last year, but as time has gone on, the number(s) have decreased significantly. No one on VGC has ever reported an RRoDed Jasper, and I don't believe anyone has posted a Falcon, either.

The best place for aggregate X360 RRoD info would be NeoGAF's master aggregate for failed X360s. They have detailed information of 1,300+ Xbox 360's that have died, and contain lots of info about makes and models that died.

Mine is a Falcon!  Team FDOU, Lot 478, 175watt power supply etc.  It didn't go full RROD though!  Just the graphics card died on mine.

@Bitmap Frogs: 360 arrived in Germany yesterday! 120gb HD is in front of me.

Around the Network
tmbh said:

Mine is a Falcon!  Team FDOU, Lot 478, 175watt power supply etc.  It didn't go full RROD though!  Just the graphics card died on mine.

There are three different falcon versions.

I wonder what is their turnaround time these days... during the peak of the RROD it usually was two-three weeks in germany before they sent you back something.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Im glad i got my 360, its not let me down you will be too

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Dude the RROD is the past. The 360's available at retail now are way more reliable then the past 360's.

I feel your pain. I had my swapping of consoles before. I had a Xbox 360 traded it in for a PS3 then traded in the Xbox 360 then traded that 360 in for a 80GB PS3. Settle with that and the following week I bought a Xbox 360 Arcade. The forums alone had me going crazy because I couldn't choose which console to represent so I ended up buying all three consoles and I'm satisfied other then having to buy games for all three consoles!

So again if your looking into getting a Xbox 360. Get it, now is the time they are extremely reliable and they have a reliable chip set/motherboard installed in the them. So no worries for your 360 RROD on you.

Bitmap Frogs said:
tmbh said:

There are three different falcon versions.

I wonder what is their turnaround time these days... during the peak of the RROD it usually was two-three weeks in germany before they sent you back something.

According to the UPS website its on its way back too me already!  But STATUS: Returned to Shipper doesn't sound good.  Hopefully there's not a problem!