By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much of a boost will FFXIII give PS3 in Japan?

How much of a boost do you think PS3 will get launch week of FFXIII in Japan? We have seen a good boost from Yakuza 3 this past week, and last June a very impressive boost from MGS4 http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&start=39607&end=39642

So, how much of a boost do you think FFXIII will give PS3 in Japan? Also First week software sales of FFXIII in Japan?

IMO I can see the hardware rise for launch week to 100,000, as MGS4 pushed it to 78,000

Around the Network

A HUGE ONE FF13 BABY, unless SE piss's them off like NA and EU

I would have to agree with that 100k statement.

I think it is very well possible.

@ Xxain, lol what? By making it BACK TO multiplatform?

As for on topic, I expect it to hopefully take the lead in Japan for at least a week. It might even make the PS3 the leader of Japan for a month.

Over 100k easily, it will probably be the only PS3 game to sell 1m in Japan

Around the Network

erm i aint sure but anything less then 100k will be disappointing and if FFXIII does not do over a million first week in japan alone then i will be disappointed

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Probably enough to outsell the 360 for three weeks.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

In Japan Only, or Worldwide

Allot especially if FFXIII is good game which it probably will be.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

blazinhead89 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

In Japan Only, or Worldwide

I'd say worldwide. Look what Killzone 2 did for the PS3 this week, and it wasn't as hyped as Final Fantasy XIII (not to say I didn't see any commercials for it). Final Fantasy XIII is hyped everywhere, not just on the Internet!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!