By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My review of Final Fantasy IV on the DS

Khuutra said:
badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:
I remember playing this the week it came out.

Such a nicely made remake in 3-D. I only hope FFVI gets the same love this remake did.

I hope it gets even more. A Wiimake or PS360 remake of VI would rock my socks.

To a degree I kind of hope so too, but I'm more curious about what kind of change to the gameplay they could make that would affect FFVI as much as the Augment system affected FFIV. The mind boggles at the possibilities!

Yeah, hm. Well, they could make an Esper whom you can train, named Blaq, and let you draw a penis on his face. 

Around the Network

Between the two remakes on DS, FF4 is far superior to FF3. I personally thought that the original 2D graphics were better than 3D, but then again 3D has been thrown about everywhere these days so there's no getting around that. Something you neglected to mention in your review is that there is an auto battle system during battles with the simple press of the button Y, which is excellent for level grinding! Every DS owner should pick this game up because it really is something.

I, for one, was turned off by the extremely high level of difficulty of this game. After having made the mistake of attacking a boss once with Cecil and getting my whole party killed by his Tsunami counter, I never touched this game again.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
I, for one, was turned off by the extremely high level of difficulty of this game. After having made the mistake of attacking a boss once with Cecil and getting my whole party killed by his Tsunami counter, I never touched this game again.

Aww, that's so early in the game.  And later you can use his Tsunami attack yourself.  Don't give up hope!

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Godot said:

Aww, that's so early in the game.  And later you can use his Tsunami attack yourself.  Don't give up hope!

I know that I should persevere but still, it's pretty harsh.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
Godot said:

You can stop Tsunami by using Thunder at any level.

The first Tsunami I admit you just have to survive, but I think defending helps that.

steamboatwillie said:
Between the two remakes on DS, FF4 is far superior to FF3. I personally thought that the original 2D graphics were better than 3D, but then again 3D has been thrown about everywhere these days so there's no getting around that. Something you neglected to mention in your review is that there is an auto battle system during battles with the simple press of the button Y, which is excellent for level grinding! Every DS owner should pick this game up because it really is something.

Yes, the auto-battle is terribly useful, and I love how you can customize it to squeeze another ability into a character's repertoire.

I LOVE THIS GAME.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Nice review dude, personally this is the only game I've given a 9 since reviewing games for VGC, and glad to see your ambition :)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Nice review dude, personally this is the only game I've given a 9 since reviewing games for VGC, and glad to see your ambition :)

Believe it or not, there's no real "ambition" to it! I wrote this for myself - I never meant for it to get further than this topic. If things stay the current course I'll jsut keep writing reviews like this and posting them on the forum.

I'd tackle EarthBound nextb ut there's way too much to say on that one.

Khuutra said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Believe it or not, there's no real "ambition" to it! I wrote this for myself - I never meant for it to get further than this topic. If things stay the current course I'll jsut keep writing reviews like this and posting them on the forum.

I'd tackle EarthBound nextb ut there's way too much to say on that one.

Don't steal my thunder after I pump out the reviews I have in the works Earthbound is next on my list :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000