By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My review of Final Fantasy IV on the DS

@khuutra: yep that's what I've heard!

I've read your review now, and it's definitly good, you're talented! The augment system looks pretty interesting! I think I'll pick this one before DQIV.

But I don't agree on one thing: 3D representation of characters is pretty lame IMO. I've watched a few video, and I think that they should have kept the 2D characters with 3D environnements.

Around the Network

@badgenome: My fiance was replaying the game recently, is what brought this up. Kain just breaks her heart every time.

@Oyvoyvoyv: Hm. This is potentially problematic indeed. Would you say that my tone is too academic?

Khuutra said:
@badgenome: My fiance was replaying the game recently, is what brought this up. Kain just breaks her heart every time.

@Oyvoyvoyv: Hm. This is potentially problematic indeed. Would you say that my tone is too academic?

He always breaks mine, too, even after all these years. However, I've hit upon a way to counteract this in the DS version by giving Whyt a cock and balls for a face.

badgenome said:
Khuutra said:

He always breaks mine, too, even after all these years. However, I've hit upon a way to counteract this in the DS version by giving Whyt a cock and balls for a face.

Man, you crazy. That's crazy.

@Tremble: Never know - they might grow on you. Especially since 2-D sprites wouldn't work very well for indicating where their voices are coming from.

Agree 100% This is how remakes should be done. SE ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!?

Around the Network
Steroid said:
Agree 100% This is how remakes should be done. SE ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!?

Thankfully I think they got the message!?

I remember playing this the week it came out.

Such a nicely made remake in 3-D. I only hope FFVI gets the same love this remake did.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Such a nicely made remake in 3-D. I only hope FFVI gets the same love this remake did.

I hope it gets even more. A Wiimake or PS360 remake of VI would rock my socks.

badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:

I hope it gets even more. A Wiimake or PS360 remake of VI would rock my socks.

To a degree I kind of hope so too, but I'm more curious about what kind of change to the gameplay they could make that would affect FFVI as much as the Augment system affected FFIV. The mind boggles at the possibilities!

All I could ever want for a new FF6 would be a random dungeon generator hidden somewhere, and a super hard difficulty option. With those combined, I would play the game forever.