By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The new #1 VGC fan of Okami

7 months ago, Rolstoppable laid claim to this most glorious of titles with his completion of the impossible collect-all speed run of Okami, in less than 20 hours (which could not be done, according to MontanaHatchet, currently #3).  In fact, Rol managed a time of 18 hours, 17 minutes, and 1 second.  An amazing time, to be sure, and a record that has stood till last this week.

But it stands no more.  I, Appolose, have siezed the title of #1 Okami fan with a time of 17 hours, 29 minutes, and 13 seconds.  That's with everything collected*, and everything filled.  All animal, treasure, and fish tomes, all stray beads and sun fragments, all moves and scrolls collected, every soul aided, every chest opened, and every plant bloomed*.

I now declare myself the biggest fan and the best player of the greatest game ever, Okami, and anxiously await the inevitable flood of friend requests.

*Okay, so, maybe I collected less praise them him (6700 to his 7000), and maybe I missed two chests in the Spirit Gate, and maybe he took it easier once he had almost reached the end.  Nevertheless, 300 is only 4% of 7000, so it's all good (and half of that came from just 3 clovers, which only would have taken 15 seconds to get!), and he said he may not have gotten every chest either! 

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

Bump (annoyingly)

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195

But you're not MontanaHatchet..

Pixel Art can be fun.

That's damn fast. I'm on my first play-through and I'm already at 24 hours. I'm not really sure how much farther I have to go either.

As a side note, every fan of the action-adventure genre should buy this game. It is a really great game.

I still like Twilight Princess better so far though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

SmokedHostage said:

True, true.  However, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

@republic

Thanks!  I'm sure you'll find Okami outdoes TP :)

Okami

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:

This.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

congrats sir, a brilliant game that's for sure

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

appolose said:
SmokedHostage said:

True, true.  However, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

@republic

Thanks!  I'm sure you'll find Okami outdoes TP :)

I didn't... Okami is amazing... I would rate it higher than OoT, but Twilight Princess higher than Okami, and Windwaker is still my favourite game of all time.

Also, is this a speed run from an already previously completed file? (ie you could fight better early on and also didn't have to look for the 100 beads)

I completed the game in 16 hours, 24 minutes, and 58 seconds. And since proof is not required, you can't say I'm wrong.

#1 OKAMI FAN ON VGCHARTZ RIGHT HERE!!!

MontanaHatchet said:
I completed the game in 16 hours, 24 minutes, and 58 seconds. And since proof is not required, you can't say I'm wrong.

#1 OKAMI FAN ON VGCHARTZ RIGHT HERE!!!

16 hours, 24 minutes, 57.999999999 seconds. HA!

Am I doing this right?

And congrats appolose. That's one heck of a speed-run you pulled off there.