By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo; a difference of opinion

I am not looking to insult anyone here. Halo is undboubtedly a great game, and has a huge following. But am I the only one who honestly does not care for it? I'm not saying it's a bad game; I'm just saying it's not my cup of tea. I would much rather play some unreal tournament with a mouse and keyboard, or immerse myself in the World that is Metroid Prime. I have played Halo and Halo 2 with friends and enjoyed it, but mostly becuase of the friends aspect of it; and not necessarily the game. Anyone else out there who is not obsessed with Halo???

Around the Network

Fagarcia, this honestly goes for all games.

If everyone loved the exact same games, we'd have 100+ million sellers out there and we don't.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

fagarcia76 said:
Anyone else out there who is not obsessed with Halo???

I´d say almost everybody without an Xbox or 360.

Plenty of people on this site have commented on their dislike of Halo. FPSs aren't my thing (and haven't been for years), so its not on my gaming list.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

In general, Halo is xbox's flagship title. There are so many reason for being successful, but i'll give you two, its fun and has great replay value. In my opinion its the next best game after goldeneye (my all time favorite) on n64.

I have 2 questions for you:
Have you ever owned a Halo game?
If so, have you ever tried single player campaigns?

Around the Network

While i do like your voicing your opinons, it seems like you posted this to combat all the halo hype. While you might not of done this, it just seems like it.

Halo is a game i really love, big time. For some it may not be, but for me and others it is. All games come down to opinion and its same why all reviewers are not the same (look at jrpgs like blue dragon, edge etc hated it, game informer, really liked it and gave it a 9, and they gave metroid only .5 higher!)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
El Duderino said:
fagarcia76 said:
Anyone else out there who is not obsessed with Halo???

I´d say almost everybody without an Xbox or 360.

Probably...oh and I don't really care about Halo that much either or FPSs in general for that much anyway.

Last official FPS played:  Goldeneye64 multiplayer (2 months ago at a friends house) 

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

PeoplesChamp said:

I have 2 questions for you:
Have you ever owned a Halo game?
If so, have you ever tried single player campaigns?

No, and no.  I have only played the multiplayer maps with friends.  I would agree with the point that I think you are trying to point out though.  If I had played through the campaigns I would be better at the game, and would probably be better at blowing the crap out of my friends.

Still I can remember the first time I played, or even watched for that matter UT and I was drawn right in.  It was not the same with Halo.

It reminds me too much of drunken frat boys and angry 13 year olds with speech impediments. I do like a good FPS, but not Halo.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Lost tears of Kain said:
While i do like your voicing your opinons, it seems like you posted this to combat all the halo hype. While you might not of done this, it just seems like it.

Halo is a game i really love, big time. For some it may not be, but for me and others it is. All games come down to opinion and its same why all reviewers are not the same (look at jrpgs like blue dragon, edge etc hated it, game informer, really liked it and gave it a 9, and they gave metroid only .5 higher!)

No, it was not my intention to combat the halo hype (would that even be possible?).  People should be excited for the game, and ultimately it will sell millions.  As I am reletively new to the forums, I was just curious if there were mods out there who enjoy FPS but did not necessarily enjoy halo. 

Meant no harm or offense.