By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Home = WOW. Sony is upping the ante.

Erik Aston said: Oh gimme a break. This is something Sony have been hinting at for a long time, and it basically shows Nintendo what Miis COULD HAVE BEEN. This is not a "tweak." This is a unified online service which combines Miis with MMOs with YouTube with basically every feature of XBL, all in a great big virtual world. Yes, this deserves praise.
I was reading somewhere, that someone knew someone who was working for sony europe. I think it was 2nd party? Not positive. I dont even rember where I read it. But he said they were building a world like no other. This guy said this over a year ago. There wasnt much known about Mii's a year ago. So I really doubt Sony copied that idea. Sony could copy the Mii's in a few months. A project THIS massive takes YEARS to make. This seems like a Wii clone. But it is much much more. It is a 360 clone. With a lovely user interface. Too bad nintendo has no great news. Sony announces 2 things That amaze me. And they didnt even toss the killzone string. Sony must not be THAT disappointed with sales. (their not seeming desperate)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

mancandy said: It's cool and all, but it's really no different from any MMORPG. Except Leroy can't come in and ruin your party's quest.
No. It is really diffrent. However it's also free... so! Hey! Free! That's diffrent!

They said this before launch, i would have to search for it.

Great now Sony gained some of my love back... but they have to change their arrogant strategy to gain more love from everyone...

Kwaad said: mancandy said: It's cool and all, but it's really no different from any MMORPG. Except Leroy can't come in and ruin your party's quest. No. It is really diffrent. However it's also free... so! Hey! Free! That's diffrent!
WRONG. You obviously haven't played enough MMORPG's either.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Around the Network

I think this annoucement would raise the sales for the PS3 for sure.

B3YONDJOK3R said: I think this annoucement would raise the sales for the PS3 for sure.
Just a little bit... the price is still terribly high and even higher for us Europeans

Kwaad said: mancandy said: It's cool and all, but it's really no different from any MMORPG. Except Leroy can't come in and ruin your party's quest. No. It is really diffrent. However it's also free... so! Hey! Free! That's diffrent!
I agree, free is very good. I am just wondering how they are going to do for free. I like how all the avatars in the video were all so thin and pretty. I wish gamers were all so hot, namely the girls. In my virtual room, imma have a Xbox360 and a Wii....hahaha....hooked up to a Sony TV of course. I wonder if Sony will have Wii's available in the virtual world. I don't want my avatar to stand in front of virtual Target before it opens.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

B3YONDJOK3R said: I think this annoucement would raise the sales for the PS3 for sure.
Maybe for the customer who was already trying to choose between 360 and PS3. It has to be released in its final form and then create some word of mouth hype to really affect sales in a meaningful way, methinks. The more I think about this, the more I think Nintendo could really answer this with a single, rather simple new channel, while not breaking with their "safe" policies. They just need a "room" channel, where you can design and decorate your room, and then visit your friend's consoles rooms, with any Mii you've created, and at any time, through WC24. Meet together to chat, leave messages, photos or "links" to user-created game content on your own console, if you come by when no one is home. Voice support would be a must. Keep it simple, keep it cartoony, keep it "friends" based, keep microtrans content out of it. Nintendo would be accused of copying Sony, but they're behind in that department.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

linkthe2nd said: WRONG. You obviously haven't played enough MMORPG's either.
You my friend make me wonder? I've played. UO, EQ, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy, Flyff. Have you played that many? Last time I checked. MMO's arent free. Unless they sell content. (like HOME will) Last time I checked. MMO's tend to be loaded with adventure and fun. Not just one giant community. Also, The houseing system in MMOs I've played have never been anything near as good as what HOME looks like to be. So... Yup. I guess your right. I've never played a MMO. Just, UO, EQ, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Flyff, and a few others.